To the creators of myfitnesspal

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    To the creators of MyFitnessPal.

I freakin love you guys.
    For helping me to realize that I am the reason that I'm chunky.
    And that there's a whole lotta stuff I can do about it.
    So 30 lbs ago I started here.

Life is a lot easier without carrying along an extra large bag of dog food with you everywhere you go.

You're awesome.

And this place is FREE. Nicest thing anyone has ever done :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work.

- Brenda
    Ya...what she said!!!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    that is awesome and you can do this and if you need support u can add me
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    They made a nice tool and a community. The combo of both makes success look within reach.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thats so true, we never take the time to thank them..

SO THANK YOU!!!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ???? Techno challenged here! I've been thinking it would be soooo much easier if I could scan my food....now all of a sudden I hear you say you scan your food? I have an android phone but no clue how to do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i luv the creators as well..u have no idea what u have done for me and for the people on this site..thank you so much
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    And now the originial creator of this post. Congratulations to you for taking this step. I am thrilled you have done so well and you should be too! FInd support where you can and keep moving forward. Friends and family are awesome but sometimes it's easier to be open and honest with complete strangers about food and what we put in our mouths LOL. Keep up the good work and drink a lot of water!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I concur on everything. I too love this site!!! It is changing my life :)
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree, nice post :-)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for your success so far! Congrats to you! It is wonderful that you are taking action to get fit and healthy. As we get older it is harder to do.

This site has saved my life! I know that sounds drastic....but, I was to the point that I could barely walk 30 feet without getting winded. I did not have high blood pressure, but I knew that if I didn't do something and fast, that I would develop it and probably other weight related problems.

Continue to use the tools, surround yourself with positive friends and you will continue to do great.

Wishing the best of luck in your journey to a new you!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ???? Techno challenged here! I've been thinking it would be soooo much easier if I could scan my food....now all of a sudden I hear you say you scan your food? I have an android phone but no clue how to do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the droid should work like my iphone. When you go to search for a food to put into your diary (either at the store or at home) ..where there is the search bar over to the right in the same area is something that looks like the lb sign. Click that and a little box comes up..hold it over the bar code until it says searching..and then it will tell you what you need to know about the food. it is amazing!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my MFP friends and all the information is so helpful. It is nice to have a group to support you. People that know and understand your fight. People that understand how big of a victory it is when you resist temptation. I too am so glad that I found MFP.
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great Prez! I also enjoyed the questions you asked.:smile:
  • tkbronico
    Options
    I agree, this site and especially the app make it so easy. I love that I can scan bar-codes to log my food! Not to mention the support system and motivational success stories; I find new MFP benefits all the time!

I love the app too. One feature of this site that seems to go unrecognized is the nutrition tracking. Most people only focus on the calories. The nutrition tracker alerted me to a few deficiencies in my diet. Potassium has been a definite problem. I'm not getting nearly enough.

What app do you have, and where do you get it??? Sounds great, I'd love to check it out!!!!!
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree. I recommend this site to everyone. And it's free! That :flowerforyou: makes it even better!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I would love to see a daily total also.
    Welcome to MFP, you are going to do great!
  • xkellsbellsx
    Options
    And it's free!! I mean, really? It blows my mind. Thank you MFP! Success takes real change and will not happen over night. When I finally accepted that fact, I stumbled upon myfitnesspal. The perfect tool. I think It's saving my life. The app keeps me completely accountable and the success stories are the only motivation I need.

I loved your post, so honest and heartfelt. Best of luck on your path to healthy happiness! I'm gonna add you, you seem like a nice dude :)
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Completely agree! MFP is the best and has kept me on track. I find inspiration from everyone on here!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm only 20 days in and after year's of stubbornness and misconceptions about dieting I am 9 lbs. into my journey.

I find the people on here inspirational and a true testament to the society we live in both in the United States where I live and abroad.

I would like to know, since I'm a numbers guy, how many lbs. per day are lost on average for people on this site? I think it would be beneficial for those like me to know maybe on your main page, "15,000,000 lbs. lost in the past 24 hours" or something like that. In a society where our children aren't playing outside as much and the obesity rate is at such an all-time high, I can't imagine many gifts that are better than the one you are giving each day.

I'm sorry, I'm a guy, but I'm a pretty emotional guy and your site has been a blessing to me. I realize I'm doing the work, but you are supplying the platform and the support network. Thank you.

I agree without this site I would probably still be lazy the support and easy tools gave me the kick in the pants I needed
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am soo glad you said what you did. I heard about this site in passing and I think it was a week later that I tried to remember what it was called. I googled what I thought I remembered and finally found it. I had never done anything like this before. This is the first time I can honestly say that this is now ingrained in my daily life. I have always tried to diet and eat right but truly never committed.

After finally getting my first true physical in my adult life (with blood work and all), I found out that I had very high cholesterol numbers and other things that a 45 year old shouldn't have. I was given 3 months to get it under control or had to be put on meds. I found this site 2 days later. (this was June 10th, 2012)

Since then, I have logged over 280 miles in walking, cycling and (a few) jogging. I have regularly done water aerobics, elliptical and anything else that was physical. All the while, logging everyday (but 2) with my new friends at MFP!

With MFP, I learned about nutrition, balanced diet, mental well being and just a sense of belonging. I now eat VERY healthy. I know that one binge is not the end of everything. I truly now know what it feels like to be happy.

That all being said; I go back to the doctor on Sept. 12th to redo my blood work. I will be bringing my summer mileage log, my inches lost, my insight on food and anything else I can extol to my doctor. This will be the first time I am looking forward to going to the doctors and the VERY first time I am excited to get on their scale. Because of MFP, I am going to ROCK IT. Wish me luck!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!