Too young and ready for change

Options
Hi there! My name is Amanda and I'm 19 years old. I currently weigh 224 lbs and am 5ft 6in tall. I started gaining a lot of weight my Junior year of High School when stress eating and ended up going from 150lbs to where I'm at now. I started my diet last month at 232lbs and have lost 8lbs since then :D

I'm hoping to make some good friends here that are going to be able to help me in reaching my goal. I hope to get down to 160lbs or less by my wedding in October so I can be the picture perfect bride I always wanted to be.

Please feel free to add me, as I really don't want to be in this alone. It's always more fun to lose weight when there's someone to talk to :D

Replies

• SunnyLuc87
    Options
    My wedding was last month and I feel like I can empathize with wanting to lose weight before you get married. When you say you are getting married in October, do you mean next month or next year? Either way, but especially if it is next month, please do not stress too much about losing a whole lot of weight before that day. You don't need to be under 160 lbs to be a picture perfect bride. Losing weight and getting in shape takes a long time and it is for life, not for one day. You're going to be beautiful on your wedding day, so on that day be happy and confident because everyone looks 200% hotter in a formal. I don't know why, but it's a statistical fact, especially when it's white. Wedding dresses are just magic like that.
  • 6302getsfit
    6302getsfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I suggest you don't do it alone, you should do it with a program, or a workout buddy.
    Mark everything you, and remember try and have 2 snacks at most a day:)
    Try and at least walk a mile a day or more!
    I wish you the best and I know you can do it!
  • dakotadawn93
    Options
    We are the same age, weight, and height and I'm planning a wedding for May. I'd love to have a friend in the same boat as myself!
  • kbucks
    kbucks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age, just a teensy bit taller, and was 233 pounds when I started losing weight. Looking forward to hearing about you journey! :)