Shirataki Tofu Noodles

Options
jesss5885
jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
Hi!

Long time LOVER of these awesome noodles...

Has anyone tried baking them? I would love to make a cheesy veggie bake with these instead of penne - it's just so easy to make ahead and portion out for the week.

Has anyone had any success in baking shirataki tofu noodles???

Replies

• bitesizeMelly
    bitesizeMelly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had shiritaki noodles in the slow cooker before and they started tasting fishy, and I had no fish in my meal. I was making a stir fry noodle dish. The slow cooking must have brought out a weird flavor from the noodle.
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Gotta rinse those bad boys first. Then I imagine you could use them the same way you would use any noodle.
  • jesss5885
    Options
    i've never had them tasting fishy before... doesn't sound tasty!

maybe i'll try throwing them in a baked casserole this weekend... i'd just hate to waste them if they don't bake well
  • bitesizeMelly
    bitesizeMelly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yeah tell me how th baking goes, have you ever tried the miracle noodles, very similar but they are clear and have ZERO! calories. I switch off from time to time depending on what my grocer sells
  • jesss5885
    Options
    I've heard of them, but i haven't seen them!

i just bought like 10 bags of the shirataki noodles today though - they were on sale 2 for $3!! major score :-)
  • mommacat818
    Options
    I've used them in baked pasta dishes in place of spagetti...worked fine. Key is to remember to rinse well and pat dry before using
  • jesss5885
    Options
    YAYYY!!!! great to know!
  • Beckahecka
    Options
    these are delicious, (once rinsed and boiled, of course)

Would LOVE more recipes if anyone has any!

BUMP!!! :happy:
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i tried to like them and the shiritaki noodles but the texture just absolutely sucks :( i dry fried them but still icky!!