negative NSV?

Options
I love love love that I've lost alot of weight... I feel more energetic.. I don't get tired easily.. I feel stronger.. and I'm actually happy with what I see in the mirror when I'm about to get into the shower.. HOWEVER!!!.. there is 1 thing I don't like!!!!.. I hate that point where you've lost so much weight that your clothes no longer fit you right but it's not like you can run out and buy a new wardrobe yet cause you're not at your "goal" weight yet!!! So you just kinda look raggedy all the time.. lol.. like you've borrowed someones clothes! but! Patience is a virtue!.. so I'll be patient. :)

so my question is this: what do you miss or not like about losing weight? don't make this a negative thing though..

Replies

• ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Yes, I can completely empathize with your post. There was a period where my trousers without a belt (that almost looped twice btw!!) were very baggy. I had comments like MC Hammer pants etc ;)

The only think I could say about my journey was not being able to get my wife doing it with me and I havent been able to convince her to do anything about her weight. Infact my efforts have been labelled as obnoxious to some extent.
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Being the fact that I just started I cannot answer that but with me I have a closet full of different sizes so it will be awhile before I have that issue, but cannot wait for it to come!!! I will weigh the baggy clothes with a big smile on my face!
  • JourneyToTheOldMe
    Options
    The only think I could say about my journey was not being able to get my wife doing it with me and I havent been able to convince her to do anything about her weight. Infact my efforts have been labelled as obnoxious to some extent.

i am in the same boat. I wish my husband could "catch" my desire to be healthy...
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i can handle my clothes not fitting me, i just get a little to get me going till i lose more, but my head srinked and my hats that i have dont fit, and yah i could get more but i have like 50+ hats from all over the places i have been
  • Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to get rid of my old stuff. Buy new stuff, donate the old stuff
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    I lost lots of weight from my boobs!! Lol. Not that they were big before, but I really wish they were fuller than they are now. And I would say the loose skin, lack of tone. Some of it I know i can work back, but some will never tighten.

Small prices to pay for almost 140 lbs gone! :)
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just get a few staples ( a pair or two of jeans, and slacks/skirts), and t-shirts and most other shirts and some pants can be altered to fit your new body. T-shirts you can do yourself without much if any sewing knowledge, and then you don't have to buy new stuff.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I agree with the clothes thing! That's the part that gets me! I have lost 7 sizes so I do need to buy new clothes. I wait until clothes are getting too big even with belts then I buy new clothes. However, I stick to cheaper brands or stores since I go through them kinda fast. That way, I'm not spending too much money on clothes that I will probably not fit for too long!
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I lost lots of weight from my boobs!! Lol. Not that they were big before, but I really wish they were fuller than they are now. And I would say the loose skin, lack of tone. Some of it I know i can work back, but some will never tighten.

Small prices to pay for almost 140 lbs gone! :)

that too!!! I've had 4 children and breast fed all of them so I have loose skin there but it wasn't all that loose when I gained weight.. lol.. now it looks like eggs sunny side up.. lol..
  • Bikeminx
    Options
    1) I am rapidly losing my boobies
    2) I have to buy new jeans every month at the moment!
    3) Some 'friends' total lack of understanding of the commitment it takes (comments of eating disorders, mental disorders etc). My obsession is something I actually enjoy and I never want to be unhealthy, was really offended.
    4) Not eating cake, I love cake, I really really love cake. But I'm strong, I don't need cake (just a monthly treat or so)
    5) Well wishing people saying 'ooooh you don't want to lose any more weight' ... When I have a LOT more weight to lose.
    6) the worry that my belly skin will end up looking like a Shar Pei puppy only less cute (loose skin)
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options

i am in the same boat. I wish my husband could "catch" my desire to be healthy...

I'm in the same boat! I count calories insanely! I know I'm obsessed with it! Its a lot of what I talk about now. Its important to me!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm at that point with clothes too. And I have sworn no new clothes until I know I'm where I'm going. So time to buy scarves and jewelry! (kind of kidding - but they do make oversized shirts look better).

Things I don't like . . .

My bottom gets sore sitting on hard chairs because there's not enough padding!

My eldest son has always been skinny, skinny, skinny - no fat on his body at all (6'2" and 135 right now - he's in the Peace Corps). He has always squatted down instead of sitting - perching on chairs and even stools like a bird. I finally figured out that it is because he has no padding at all. So sitting on a hard seat pushes his bones into this skin. Not there yet, but I can now empathize!
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am shopping thrift stores and yard sales, and super clearance sales at Target, Walmart, etc...and am impatiently awaiting fall/winter, 'cause those clothes aren't 'too loose' yet.

best to you,

-pennie
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I lost lots of weight from my boobs!! Lol. Not that they were big before, but I really wish they were fuller than they are

I think I am gonna talk my husband into getting my boobs lifted when I hit my goal weight:)
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love that the clothes I saved for when I could fit into them are now baggy. Also, so far I have gone from a 2xL to just a L... at work, I feel so much better! But, alas, I still have miles to go... and I am ready and willing!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i'm with you! that is mine as well. the other day at work i realized this when i had to keep pulling my pants up every damn time, it's a good feeling, but also becomes annoying because im not gonna go out and buy new clothes till i'm at my goal. so in the meantime i walk around with clothes bigger/looser on me. haha.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I can relate about the clothes. I currently have 4 different sizes that I am wearing (all stuff that was in my closet from earlier weight loss attempts and partial successes). But they are all too loose, just in different amounts.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So far the only thing I don't like is that my wedding ring is way too big now. I'm still wearing it, but it falls off (or comes close to falling off) several times a day. We'll be married 11 years next month and I hate the thought of not wearing it.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone already mentioned this but Goodwill and Thrift Stores are WONDERFUL!! A lot of times I find clothes that still have the New Tags on them. I am wearing Designer Clothes and paying Wal Mart prices (or less sometimes!!) You might not find something every time you go but other times you find more than you can carry!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I bought one pair of sweat pants in my new size in an XL down from a 4X...otherwise my clothes are pretty much flying in the wind. I have some jeans that I haven't got down to yet so I'm shooting for them. I honestly can't say that right now I've got any negative NSV's because up till this diet I've never had that many NSV's I know I'm going to have loose skin, I know I'm going to have stretch marks. I've come to terms with that knowing that I was almost 400 pounds and only 5'6". I was fat for a lot of years and I will wear my loose skin and stretch marks with pride because of where I came from. Good luck all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!