Chocolate Milk

Options
Okay, is it bad to be drinking this?? i know it has a lot of sugars....i can't drink water in the morning with breakfast lol..so i always grab some chocolate milk....i usually have the crystal light to go packets and then I thought they were bad to be putting in my bottled water, so i stopped having that too LOL..HELP!! :)

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I would say, once a day is ok..one 8 oz glass a day that is. Just so long as you are aware of the sugar and are more careful throughout your day
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Just make sure you log it.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you are allowing for it then I guess it is ok but at 160 calories a glass just think how else you could use that amount of calories.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    I have to agree with jaycee, is it really worth the calories? what about finding a good choc protein drink?
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    I love chocolate milk! I buy the Chocolate Syrup LIGHT its very low in calories but you can only put 2 tablespoons...but its really good! Just an idea :smile:
  • Kati_Marie
    Options
    What about switching it up and trying some good tea in the morning? That always helps me when I feel like I need a little something in the morning.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    well... I don't know but I have read several places that Chocolate Milk is excellent for after a workout, I read this in Both Runner's World and Women's Health-

I think it is a lot of calories, but if you watch the serving size and plan for it you are probably in the clear.
  • LETIN1
    LETIN1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Try out the chocolate with skim milk. Or try out some teas. I love drinking Chai, or Green tea.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Milk and chocolate have a lot of sugars if you are watching your sugars for the day and are in line (or close) I dont see what you couldnt have it.
    Personally I have stopped drinking choc milk (hot chocolate was my drink of choice) and switched to a chai tea with sugar...less calories....
    I hate DRINKING my calories. I want FOOD!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I agree with Beth!! I read in Runner's World magazine as well that chocolate milk is good for you after a workout and is even better that a sports drink...in moderation of course!!!
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    personally for me chocolate milk is more like a dessert treat. Something I may have at most once a week.
    If you want to try tea, try different ones. Black, fruit or chai, as they all tend to be different ( I personally am a huge fruit and black tea drinker, who does not like green tea nor chai, nor any with cinnamon in it.)
    I recommend some black teas with milk ( or lemon), like Earl Grey, or English breakfast ( those I think taste better with some sweetener).
    For fruit teas I like Twinnings Herbal Unwind. Or from Celestial Seasonings, the peach one.
  • stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can try Slender Soy Chocolate milk. It has no added sugar.