Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies, how do you feel about...

1235»

Replies

• shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    I love them! Particularly unpickled with either goats cheese or blue cheese in a salad!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Hi...I'm 41. Beets are amazing...I crave them, and eat them all kinds of ways. I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume it's pretty evenly split, but very strong on 'love' or 'hate' and not many in between "beets, meh..." types?
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    My mom is almost 50 and she loves beets. I however, HATE them. My daughter loves them though, she's 2, doesn't help much. My mom makes her own pickled beets.
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    I really like beets. Beet pickles are my favourite kinds of pickles. I like them roasted with a dash of tex-mex seasoning. I like them boiled. I also make a mean borscht! Only thing I don't like about them is that they really stain.
  • J do not like them at all but my son loves them :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    I've had some pickled on some kind of middle eastern wrap that were okay, and I love borscht (both tried in restaurants), but I don't like beets at all just on their own. I wish I did. I haven't experimented with recipes to see if there's a way to cook them to be more palatable myself.
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Love them. Grow a huge patch so I can have them all winter.

Great salad of boiled or roasted beets, goat cheese, and bacon. Yum
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I love, love, love beets. In any form. And beet greens! Mmmmm...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    They are good...I've been eating them since I was a kid.
  • lainiegee
    lainiegee Posts: 23 Member
    Hiya, just seen this..... i love them. I tend to juice them with maybe carrots, celery, cucumber etc. Very good for your blood i am told.:smile:
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    I always hated beets as a kid (we call it 'beetroot' in the UK) and so never ate them as an adult until a family get-together when my aunt had made a plate of salad with beets on it. It looked really pretty, so I tried it. And I liked it - I found the beets really refreshing. I eat them and like them now.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I can't stand them!

Ok, I just realised I'm outside your age group (I'm 21) Never mind.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    I am on a beet(root) phase at the moment and go through about 2 jars a week. I love them!!

My lunch staple is pitta bread stuffed with spinach leaves, sweet chilli philly and beet(root). I also add them often to my dinner plate even if they don't match the meal!!

Love the colour it makes potato salad go when mixed (bright pink!) and on a sandwich with egg mayonnaise.

I'm really looking forward to my lunch now!
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    i love them pickled! I could eat a jar in one sitting if let loose :laugh: I bought some beet it juice.... i know it epically good for you, but it's pushing even my love ....:sick:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Im in the wrong age range but I really like them... I have recently started drinking them as a juice
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    I love pickled beetroot so much that when I'm finished the slices in the jar I drink the vinegar as well cos I love the beet-y flavour.
  • TAMMYCLARK62
    TAMMYCLARK62 Posts: 98 Member
    I love them....my dad grows them in his garden and I eat them alot when they are in season.....when not in season about twice a week (pickled)
  • I'm a 52 year old woman. Use to hate beets as a kid, sad to say being a country girl. Now I can eat them occasionally (once a year, if that often) in a Greek Salad.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Hated them till i was 22. One day I ate pickled beets by mistake (thought it was diced red cabbage ) and since then it's my favorite salad :)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Not my favourite veg, but I do like them. We grow them so there are always plenty in the summer! I make beetroot salsa with red onions and parsley, it goes really well with burgers. I also make beetroot chocolate brownies.

Actually, given the fact that I can turn veg into burger toppings and brownies it isn't surprising that I need MFP, is it?:laugh: