Three days diet. Who wants to try it?

Options
Is excellent. I love this diet. But i need motivation, If we create a team, if we start the same day i think i'll feel more motivated. Here i have an example. I've made another versions that have more quantities or different foods and they worked.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-3-day-diet

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    OR you could just eat healthy, and exercise, and not worry about a 3 day FAD diet.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    OR you could just eat healthy, and exercise, and not worry about a 3 day FAD diet.

*Applause*
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Have you actually read the link you posted?

It specifically (and rightly) says to avoid this type of short term dieting.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Have you actually read the link you posted?

It specifically (and rightly) says to avoid this type of short term dieting.
    My question exactly. Here is a quote from what the OP posted: Following a plan with fewer than 1,000 calories a day concerns Moore. "The plan yields about 1,000 calories a day which has the ability to lower metabolism so when you revert back to normal eating, you regain weight even quicker."

ummmm, think I'll pass.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options

^^this :wink:
  • lisav6
    Options
    Quoting from the diet page on the website linked

"By some unspecified magical force, the combination of the suggested foods included in this plan is supposed to create a unique metabolic reaction and boost fat burning."

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Think I will stick to eating well and exercising, I'll leave the magical forces to the Harry Potter!
  • sexytntgirl
    Options
    I have a few friends that have done this diet and it worked great for them...plus they kept the weight off. It honestly is about maintaining clean and healthy eating once you resume your "regular meals" for those four days after the 3 diet days.

For me personally, I eat health and exercise, but I would love a little kick start to my weight loss program! It would really just be extra motivation for me. I am a very "results-oriented" sort of person :) So yes..I will do it with you. When would you like to start???
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    The problem with this diet is as follows:
    - It's too low in calories for most people.
    - There is no proof that this selection of food is going to increase fat burning.
    - Truthfully, the food is mostly poor quality. Here is why:

Day 1
    Breakfast

Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
    1/2 grapefruit or juice (juice is no comparison to fruit!)
    1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter (Most toast is just a waste of carbs - and with so few calories, even whole grain there are better choices)

Lunch
    1/2 cup tuna (not bad)
    1 piece toast (nothing worthwhile)

Dinner
    3 ounces any lean meat or chicken (good)
    1 cup green beans (good - but there are better choices like broccoli, asparagus and spinach)
    1 cup carrots (good)
    1 apple (good)
    1 cup regular vanilla ice cream (Are you kidding me?! How about 200 calorie of fruit or Greek yogurt!)

Day 2
    Breakfast
    1 egg (good)
    1/2 banana (not bad - but there are better fruit choices)
    1 piece toast

Lunch
    1 cup cottage cheese or tuna (not bad)
    8 regular saltine crackers (LOL, really!)

Dinner
    2 beef franks (total trash - but hey, if you made it this far)
    1 cup broccoli or cabbage (good)
    1/2 cup carrots (good)
    1/2 banana (nothing special)
    1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream (LOL)

Day 3
    Breakfast
    Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal (Not really sure what this is for - )
    5 regular saltine crackers (dumb)
    1 ounce cheddar cheese (not bad - but low-fat Swiss or string cheese is better)
    1 apple (not bad)

Lunch
    1 boiled egg (good)
    1 piece toast (stupid!)

Dinner
    1 cup tuna (good)
    1 cup carrots (good)
    1 cup cauliflower (good)
    1 cup melon (good)
    1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream (!!!!!!!!)
  • linette247
    linette247 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    With this diet i learned that we have to eat each day: 2 portions of fruits, 2 portions of proteins, carbohidrates (even ice cream) and vegetables.

When i did this diet i increase the portions to reach 1500 calories ( i told you that i found another version)

That's a balanced diet!!!

You only see the negative part.
  • sexytntgirl
    Options
    It IS plenty of calories for just three days, yes. Your body will not go into starvation mode because you are still receiving nutrients.
    I can start this tomorrow..well...or today. What do you say?
  • linette247
    Options
    Thanks sexytntgir!!!. If you want to, we can start tomorrow.
  • sexytntgirl
    Options
    ---this was the rest of the post..after what you quoted though...

"And the diet is so monotonous, dieters gladly return to their old eating habits. "What good is it to go back to the old habits that caused the weight gain, without resolving weight issues?"

-but like I said, if you can do this and continue on with eating healthy afterwards, it could just be a nice little kickstart to a weight loss program :)
  • sexytntgirl
    Options
    Linette247, do you mean tomorrow, as in today? As in Saturday or Sunday? lol
    Sent you a friend request as well. We can message each other and make sure we aren't cheating!
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Long term success is a result of changing a life style, not engaging in quick fixes now and then. Just my two cents.
  • linette247
    Options
    Jajaja, i forgot. Im in Belgium, is 12:17 here jajaja. Ok, i ll send you i private message.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm sorry I'll have to pass on this. Fad diets were the start of my problems and then thru the years of yo-yo fad dieting I found myself weighing 290 pounds. MFP, my dietician and my doctor have served we well for the last almost 11 months.

I read the entire article and use Web MD quite frequently. One of the statements that I fully support is: Bottom line: keep looking for a well-balanced weight loss plan that controls calories every day, includes exercise, and allows a wide variety of healthy foods. To lose weight, it is simply not enough to eat a prescribed diet for three days without addressing eating habits that cause weight gain.