My NSV!!!

I haven't ran or jogged in over 6 years because I hate it. I've been on Myfitnesspal and working out for 7 months now but still never ran/jogged. Tthis morning I did, I just felt like running!!!!! I pushed myself and ran for 10 minutes out of my 30 minute walk/run and I am so proud of myself! I never thought I would be able to or even want to do that again!!!! I'm smiling like an idiot right now probably mainly because of my endorphins! LOL :happy:

16586181.png

Replies

• agauthier76
    agauthier76 Posts: 9 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Congrats!!! Keep on runnin'!
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Thanks!!! I'm definitely going to! I'm ready to kick my chub in the butt for good!!! :smile:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    YAY , great for you Lins, I know how hard you have worked to get where you are at. Congrats
  • Wow that is amazing! Well done, to actually WANT to run aswell haha !
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Way to go! Now I want to run........okay, not really, but I WISH I wanted to run. :-)

Ten minutes is impressive. Good for you.
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    That's great! WTG!
  • Run Lin Run!!
  • I'm the same. I couldn't run for so many years because I'd run out of breath and my heart would pound. I'm 36 now but just started MFP 1 months ago. I started first with walking, then cycling and then wanted to run as well. I followed C25K program which would train one from couch to running 5k in 8 weeks. The first day, I started with even less than 10 minutes continuously. I think it's a 4 minutes run, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 3 then run 4. After 4 more run, I now can do 5km in 30 minutes running continuously. Highly recommend you to follow this running program. (I use Ease into 5k on my android phone and 5Krunner on my iphone with bluetooth headset to hear the prompts and music while running)
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Well done, you! That is one of the things I love about this fitness journey, it is going to be full of NSVs that will excite you. Personal victories ROCK!!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Awesome, it is so nice when we achieve something. Congratulations on achieve your run!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Congratulations!

I love that walk/run combo - and I could never jog either, just because I hate it. I use street lamps as markers and as I get better I spend more and more time on the running part and less on the walking.

Be gentle with your knees/feet/back and congratulations!

P.S. If you want to try something else, you can always go for really fast walking. I now walk at almost 5MPH, which is about as fast as I used to run and you can really see the muscles.
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Thank you everybody!!! I appreciate all the advice!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!