"What's your secret!?"

Options
I get asked this question all the time (pretty much every day).
I've lost 34 pounds since January, and ever since I started back school (been about a month), I've been bombarded with these questions every day. It makes me feel great that they've noticed I've lost weight...but seriously? A secret? There are no secrets. I tell them simply, "Portion control, more nutritious food, more water, and more exercise." With this response, they are no longer interested. It's like they expect me to say, "Oh, yeah! I took some diet pills/hormones and lost 34 pounds!" Seems like they don't want to accept that you don't need that stuff to lose weight.
I also frequently get asked what kind of food I eat, and other questions like that.
Do these questions motivate you, or do they annoy you? Both? What questions do people ask you?

Replies

• penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I understand. I get a 'deer in headlight' reaction when I am asked this...as tho' we've not been told our whole lives what the 'secret' is...

Congrats on the 34#'s lost.

-pennie
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I had this happen to me yesterday with a customer! She was like "oh my gosh you've lost so much weight you look great!" and just as I went to say thank you she asked "what are you on?".........I just smiled and said "healthier food and exercise" and I swear she looked disappointed! I was a little irritated by it but didn't take it personally or anything. I think everyone is looking for a quick way to do it but there just isn't one (or at least a healthy one)