negative NSV?

Options
13»

Replies

• lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Like someone else mentioned, its my stomach looking like a Shar Pei! The alternative is to gain all the weight back, but THAT'S not going to happen! I'd rather be healthy!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey, I asked my friends and family to "sponsor" me with rewards when I reach each goal. My sister who is smaller than me but has been up and down over the years chose to sponsor by donating clothes that she can no longer wear or various goal outfits from time to time. Last week she bought herself 2 of the same dress in different colors on clearance for $4. When I tried one on and it fit, she let me have it. Others have donated clothes in my current size on condition that I donate them to someone else in need when I'm done. If you have any local weight loss support groups, you can do a clothing swap. There's just no sense in investing money on clothes that you'll only be wearing for a short period of time. Oh, and I got rid of my clothes that are too big immediately! I'm NOT going back there ever again, so I won't be needing them. I sold some of them cheap on a local yard sale page and bought myself a new pair of capris on clearance with the few bucks I made.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What I do miss is not thinking about what I am eating just eating whatever I feel like. That was way easier than all the mathmatical figuring running through my head! On the flip side, I feel and look a lot better, plus I like math, so...I think it is a good swap!

As for the clothes thing, I buy one new thing in my next goal size-usually 1 or 2 down from where I currently am, then the rest of my wardrobe is supplimented by friends, garage sales, and goodwill (thrift stores). I do not want to drop a ton on clothes that will (hopefully) be too big soon. I do find that most of my shirts still look fine, even if they are a bit too big (I have a bigger bust). Once a shirt feels really baggy/sloppy, it goes into the donation pile!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with clothes not fitting well but can't run out and buy new wardrobe when I still want to lose another 70 pounds. I stopped at Lane Bryant the other day and they had a wall of $12 items - AND they were running an extra 25% off everything in the store special. I found a new pair of jean (2 sizes smaller) and a cute short jacket for $20. And since the clothes were smaller and tighter than the old baggy stuff, people really noticed that I had lost weight.
  • suzywuzy90
    suzywuzy90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with the clothes thing! That's the part that gets me! I have lost 7 sizes so I do need to buy new clothes. I wait until clothes are getting too big even with belts then I buy new clothes. However, I stick to cheaper brands or stores since I go through them kinda fast. That way, I'm not spending too much money on clothes that I will probably not fit for too long!

I do something similiar. I buy sale items from my favorite store but only in smaller sizes. I dont' replace the whole wardrobe, but do insure that I have staples. And since they are from my favorite store, I have an incentive to want to get into the clothes. I have clothes for several size ranges.

My issue is that the between sizes stage is uncomfortable. My jeans are either falling off of me or else in the next lower size just fit just yet. :(
  • Tainers
    Options
    People telling me I need to stop losing weight....Im 5'9" medium frame....started at 223 and am now at 159....ultimate goal is 145...definatley hate hearing "your face is sinking in"....I know what my best weight is and I hate being too skinny :)
  • suzywuzy90
    suzywuzy90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My glasses fall off my face if I look down.
    Guess I better not get new frames until I have lost all my weight, huh?
  • Tainers
    Options
    So far the only thing I don't like is that my wedding ring is way too big now. I'm still wearing it, but it falls off (or comes close to falling off) several times a day. We'll be married 11 years next month and I hate the thought of not wearing it.

GET IT SIZED!!! I was just like you and I lost my wedding band when it flew off during the day....I was devestated since we had only been married 6 months and I had waited so long to be his wife!!! I didnt want to go without it....buy a cheap ring from Walmart or Claires to wear in its place while its getting sized!!! By the way my husband bought me a new band....one week after getting it back from being sized and saudered to my engagement ring I found the original band...so now I have a huge ring (the replacement was almost identical to the original, so now I have a band on each side of my engagement ring) and the knowledge that my husband loves me enough to buy me another ring...dont take any chances...it would be better to not have it for a week than to not have it FOREVER!!!!
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 192 to 170 (obviously not done yet) but 90% of my pants now give me the dreaded CROTCH POCKET! I bought a new pair of size 12 jeans, so exciting, but like... those are the only pair that don't fall off... lol.. how long will I have to wear too big clothes.. aaggghhh!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Only thing I miss is eating lots of chocolate, ice-cream, butter and fried food! I crave them often, but I am beating the cravings one by one... Right now I only crave chocolate and I can easily say "no, thanks" to the rest of them. :) Someday, I would also be able to say "I don't like chocolate any more!"
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wish I could lose my boobs. I am 5'1" and at 138 I looked like a marshmallow with toothpick arms and legs. Now just under 106 and look better, but I am still a D. :cry:
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight I was like "I wish I had that problem!" But I have gone from a size 18 to 6's and 8's and I have had to buy pants in almost every size. Sooo frustrating! I feel like a buy a pair of jeans and can wear them for two weeks before I get an MC Hammer dig!

But hey, once we get to the end of our weight loss journey you will be able to go crazy buying all new clothes that are tiny and will fit for a long time!! :)

One little tip I recently just discovered is DRESSES!! I have found I can get dresses to span 2-3 sizes and it totally works!

Oh and the boobs. I used to have rockin boobs. Now they are just extremely sad. But I would rather have ugly boobs then being as big as I was!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm looking forward to cracking open the 3 suitcases I have of old clothes - in 3 years I have gone from UK size 10 to a size 16. Bleurgh. Anyway the day I get to bin the size 16s, will be fab but when I hit a 12 again, you will all hear me whooping!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I am shopping thrift stores and yard sales, and super clearance sales at Target, Walmart, etc...and am impatiently awaiting fall/winter, 'cause those clothes aren't 'too loose' yet.

best to you,

-pennie

yes!!! this is the way to go!! ..i tooo shop thrift stores !!...ea payday get yurself one new out fit!($ 8.00?)you deserve it!!!
  • kbresso
    kbresso Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1) I am rapidly losing my boobies
    2) I have to buy new jeans every month at the moment!
    3) Some 'friends' total lack of understanding of the commitment it takes (comments of eating disorders, mental disorders etc). My obsession is something I actually enjoy and I never want to be unhealthy, was really offended.
    4) Not eating cake, I love cake, I really really love cake. But I'm strong, I don't need cake (just a monthly treat or so)
    5) Well wishing people saying 'ooooh you don't want to lose any more weight' ... When I have a LOT more weight to lose.
    6) the worry that my belly skin will end up looking like a Shar Pei puppy only less cute (loose skin)

All the above. Well, except # 4 if it's within my calories, I'm going to eat cake and ice cream. I know that doesn't work for some but it works for me.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I plan to shop at consignment/Salvation Army to get clothes that fit that are CHEAP. Then I won't feel guilty when I only wear them a few times and need a new size.
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    I can relate... my work clothes make me look like I shopped at the thrift store and all I could find were clothes that were 4 sizes too big...lol... drives me crazy... but I am not to the point where I want to buy "little" clothes...
  • kkaiser104
    Options
    I used to use this exact situation as a reason to not lose weight. What was I thinking?? I'm excited to be able to buy new clothes, and I think I might have some jeans in smaller sizes floating around my parents house (I'm in college). Plus, I can get shirts from the university bookstore for $5, so I'm not too worried. I'd rather have to buy new clothes then continue to be so overweight! I'm a little nervous about extra skin, but I'm pretty young still so I hope it'll bounce back with the proper amount of strength training.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I used to use this exact situation as a reason to not lose weight. What was I thinking?? I'm excited to be able to buy new clothes, and I think I might have some jeans in smaller sizes floating around my parents house (I'm in college). Plus, I can get shirts from the university bookstore for $5, so I'm not too worried. I'd rather have to buy new clothes then continue to be so overweight! I'm a little nervous about extra skin, but I'm pretty young still so I hope it'll bounce back with the proper amount of strength training.

I been trying Nivea Skin Tightening Lotion.. hopefully it works! :)
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    This is the point where thrift stores become my friend. I can go in and for under $20 get a few things to fill out my wardrobe (including a belt).

The one near me also has half price sales on Sunday & Monday so I've learned to go those days for double discounts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!