Do I look like My Dog Yet???

Options
It is a well known fact that people often look like their dogs. I saw a guy in Asheville NC last weekend who was a perfect example. He was lean and wiry with gray hair, and his tall lanky frame matched his dog spot-on. His hair was streaked with gray and pulled back into a pony tail and the dog's gray streaks matched his. I took a picture of them. I've seen this countless times and for a while I figured I must have gotten the wrong dog because we look nothing alike.

You see Charley is a leggy, lean athletic, Standard Poodle. He is gorgeous. He stops traffic in our small town as people yell out of their windows that they love my beautiful dog. He holds his head high as he prances around the park, pulling the leash out of my hands as he takes off after squirrels or bunnies. His curly silvery-gray coat is amazing and he is always smiling broadly.
My description, on the other hand, in no way resembles him. My mousy brown hair is as straight as the road to heaven. I am not tall and leggy by any stretch of the imagination. And lean and athletic have never been the primary adjectives to describe my dumpy lumpy body.

But after losing 45 pounds walking my magnificent poodle, it occurred to me that I really did get just the right dog for me. Because I'm supposed to look like him eventually! As I have lost weight, several people have said I look taller! Hmmmmmm...I'm probably not getting any taller at age 50, but the appearance of taller is nice. Lanky and lean is only another 50 pounds away. Now the silvery gray hair is another thing. I might postpone the color change for a while!

Anyway, my dog Charley has been God's greatest blessing to me in my exercise life. He is faithful to remind me to get out and walk briskly/jog every morning rain or shine. Someday I may be lucky enough to have someone tell me I look just like my dog!

Replies

• Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Please show us the pictures! I always find these kind of pictures adorable.:smile:
  • bob99
    bob99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hmm i have springers what does this say about me?
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    How do I add pictures to my posts? Seriously, I can't see it!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Maggie wandered onto my porch one rainy day and despite an arduous search no owner was found. I'd never owned a dog considered them work but keeping Maggie was an easy decision. I'd always criticized my dog owning neighbors whose poor pooches whose life consisted of inside of a fence. Why would anyone treat an animal this way? Well, now I was a dog owner and couldn't be a hypocrite so I purchased a leash and Maggie took me for a walk. If not for Maggie I'm sure I'd weigh 400 pounds. She saved my life! Maggie, a min pin is long, lean and leggy with plenty of energy I want to look like Maggie. I want to be healthy so we can walk long distances and maybe even run. Thanks for sharing your story. To dog owners everywhere
    it's time to go for a walk
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    :smile: Love it! Dogs are the best!
  • kkaiser104
    Options
    If I ever look like Teddi, my greyhound, I'll be very excited!
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I hope i don't start looking like my dog!! He is a big 45 lbs english bulldog.. I don't want those kind of wrinkles!!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hmm i have springers what does this say about me?

That you have an awful lot of energy or didn't know much about Springers before you got them! LOL:bigsmile:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Haha :) I have a toy poodle...and I can say sometimes I DO look like him. I have long thick curly hair, so sometimes we get the same 'fro going on hahaha.:laugh:

Great story, would love to see pics.