Bread Choices

Options
124»

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    With regards to bread, i mostly buy "hovis best of both" or "kingsmill 50/50". I am based in the UK. Both of these choices are white and wholemeal combined. I am not a fan of just plain wholemeal though I will eat it if I have to. Once in a blue moon I do buy white bread.
  • WManiacXXI
    Options
    Bimbo bread. :) They have many options; I like their 100% Whole Wheat, Honey Wheat, and Soft White. Most are 120cals per 2 slices. I keep them in the pantry and they tend to last well over their expiration date.
  • Ditsen
    Options
    Hey, you! The best, healthiest bread comes from DENMARK and we all eat wholegrain bread here... 70 calories max. per slice. just thought you should know (; Plus everyones fat in germany... The opposite in Denmark. ;D
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I try to opt for Multigrain bread. I never used to like it, so I moved onto Brown bread/Wholemeal next and now I eat Multigrain and I don't mind it at all. I choose Country Life Bakery Bread - Country Grain and Organic Rye. It's filling and yummy. :smile:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I like the multi seed whole meal bread when I have it, which is not often. :cry:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I do freeze bread but once defrosted it would go stale straight away in the fridge. Some people keep eggs and tomatoes in the fridge too!

What?!? I thought you were supposed to keep eggs in the fridge?!

I feel like my whole life has been a lie.

LOL! I know right! The first time I went to Europe and saw eggs in the grocery isle in the market I freaked out. Then people thought there was something wrong with me for thinking eggs should be refrigerated.

I can not stand tomatoes that have been refrigerated. I can tell when the produce truck has gone through a cold spot on the way to my grocery in the winter as well.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I do freeze bread but once defrosted it would go stale straight away in the fridge. Some people keep eggs and tomatoes in the fridge too!

LOL! I know right! The first time I went to Europe and saw eggs in the grocery isle in the market I freaked out. Then people thought there was something wrong with me for thinking eggs should be refrigerated.

I can not stand tomatoes that have been refrigerated. I can tell when the produce truck has gone through a cold spot on the way to my grocery in the winter as well.

Ah! So it's a cultural difference! I thought I was going nuts! But no! Over here, France, eggs aren't kept in the fridge and bread is most definately not kept in there either ( the local baker would have a blue fit!).

• Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We like most of the brownberry bread line. We usually get oatnut.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay much attention to what bread I buy. I just buy what's on sale usually. Something that is whole wheat. I like the kind with little grain/oats/nuts in them or whatever they are.
  • _CFi
    _CFi Posts: 11
    Options

LOL! Same here, this is news to me