What are your latest low/zero-calorie discoveries?

Options

Replies

• CaffeineAssisted
    CaffeineAssisted Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    True Lemon and True Orange. They are little packet of crystallized fruit and have no calories and no artificial sweeteners. I am addicted now. I am going to get a bulk case on Amazon for ridiculously cheap now that I know I like them.
  • sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips, and their actually yummy! I had a bad last night...120 cals per bag muahahhaaa
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    The Arctic Zero ice cream calorie count looks great but 3rd party testing showed that it has more calories and not even the acceptable 20% range.

Our sample of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple had a whopping 46 percent more calories than the label. The Chocolate Peanut Butter: an incredible 68 percent more calories.
    Arctic Zero told us its calorie counts are accurate. So we asked to see their test results — and we're still waiting.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.UEuxiLKPVIE

Not to mention that it tastes HORRIBLE
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Marlboro Reds
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero. 150 calories for an entire pint of ice cream.

This ^^
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    unsweeten almond milk -30 Calories for a cup of "milk"...and doesn't have that
    water-down look like skim milk
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The Arctic Zero ice cream calorie count looks great but 3rd party testing showed that it has more calories and not even the acceptable 20% range.

Our sample of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple had a whopping 46 percent more calories than the label. The Chocolate Peanut Butter: an incredible 68 percent more calories.
    Arctic Zero told us its calorie counts are accurate. So we asked to see their test results — and we're still waiting.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.UEuxiLKPVIE

Awwww
  • Jelly! 44 calories, 2g carbs, 8g PROTEIN, and no sugar! =D Winwinwinwinwin!! =D
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Um Sugar free Jello cups with light whipped cream on top? Like 15-20 calories tops.

^^ This! Sugar free jelly is a godsend. I buy pots of Hartley's sugar free jelly here (UK) and keep them in the fridge. I have a sweet tooth, so really helps when I need something sweet and is refreshing after a work out. Between 3 and 8 calories per pot (depending on flavour).
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    artic zero ice cream for sure!

unsweetended coconut milk beverage only 45 calories per cup and they make my protein shakes so rich and creamy!

pb2 powdered peanut butter only 45 calories for 2 TBSP

shiritaki noodles- better than spaghetti itself.
  • gaboudreau
    gaboudreau Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just tried a snack sized bag (3/4 oz. size) of the Calbee Snapea Crisps. They are only 100 calories and remind me of the french fried onion rings snack, but they are made of snap peas and can be put in with your salads or just eaten. Would be great with a sandwich or tomato soup etc. I had the plain flavor, but I see they come in other flavors too.
  • seashman
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:
    But the biggest gut-buster of all: the new summertime craze, Arctic Zero ice cream. It promises 150 calories for the whole pint: Sounds great. But in our test, the results were less than appetizing.

(http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#)

EDIT: Someone beat me to it! Love how on top of things everyone is. (:
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    unsweeten almond milk -30 Calories for a cup of "milk"...and doesn't have that
    water-down look like skim milk

LOVE Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk! Tastes delicious and has protein so it's also a healthy snack. Even the Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Breeze has only 45 calories (approx.) per 8 oz serving - yum!!!

Also love kim chi (fermented spiced cabbage and radishes), though it, too, is high in sodium plus I need to eat a ton of parsley to counteract all the garlic. And Bubbies fresh sauerkraut. They both taste SO good with healthy probiotics and almost no calories at all for a huge bowlful!

And steamed broccoli with sesame seeds.
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles/ 0 cals.
  • organiclove
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt-Based Dressings! The chunky bleu cheese is only 35 calories a serving, rather than 170 for a regular type. Salsa ranch is my favorite. And, they taste great!
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I saw the same newscast and that wasn't the only food they mentioned. Be very careful about what the nutrition labels say.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love Propel packs (grape, kiwi strawberry, berry, pink lemonade). Add them to any water! Zero calories. Super easy to get in your 8 cups of water, plus it helps with those sweet cravings :smile:
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MIO. 0 calories, better than carbonated beverages. There are many flavors to choose from and it makes drinking water so much more enjoyable.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Bump