17 pounds difference - small but I'm happy!

Options
So I only had 17 pounds to lose, but this is the first time in my life that I've lost weight in a healthy manner - no starving or going overboard with exercise. So while I know it's nothing compared to the other folks out there, I'm posting it because I'm proud of having done it!

Here's the before shot, from June of this year...
28961351.jpg

And here's the after shot, from today...
54ff5bca.jpg

Replies

• cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful :)
  • HemsireJosie
    HemsireJosie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't underestimate yourself - 17lbs is amazing and you look great! :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congratulations on your hard work and new fit body! 17 lbs is a lot of weight and your journey is just as important as anyone who has alot more to lose.

You DID IT! Way to go!
  • nyjocool
    nyjocool Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did it and I definitely see a difference-you must feel terrific!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You look great! 17 pounds is quite a bit of weight and is a great accomplishment :)
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good! Congrats!!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look FANTASTIC! The 17 pounds is not a small difference. It's a BIG difference! Great Job!!!
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you look great congrats! and Im sure you worked very hard for those 17 pounds :)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!! 17 pounds to reach your goal is a lot harder than the first 17 pounds starting out.

GOOD FOR YOU!! And CONGRATS!!
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your weight loss is great, and I'm so impressed with your new toned body. Can you share what exercise you did to achieve it? :))
  • Anitalose20
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    17 pounds is wonderful!!! way to go!!!! :drinker:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow you lost 17 lbs since june! OMG it has taken me since Nov :( good for you!
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    17 pounds is probably 5-10% of your body weight. That's significant! You look awesome!
  • CaLaurie
    Options
    Hey Arathena - hadn't seen this til now... Awesome job! 17 pounds is a lot, and clearly you're more fit - looking terrific! Congrats!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!

And you totally look like Molly Shannon!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your weight loss is great, and I'm so impressed with your new toned body. Can you share what exercise you did to achieve it? :))

I did mostly cardio over the summer. It wasn't until the end of July that I started adding in weight lifting. Before I hit goal I did an hour of cardio (always something different - elliptical, bike, tae bo, walking with high hills) and an hour of weight liting, which I concentrated on arms. Now I'm only doing 30 minutes of cardio with the weight lifting. My biggest change came from cutting out table salt and eating mostly nonprocessed foods.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!