Tattoos!!

Options

Replies

• amyrun77
    Options
    I have two. A little turtle on my right ankle and inter woven snakes on my lower back. I still love both of them, but don't think I'll get any more.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I've got one- a bunch of pale green shooting stars on my left shoulder blade. I got it when I was 18. I still like it very well- but I don't see it very often, it's on my back!

I have always threatened to get a flower that my husband used to draw for me, but I've not done it just yet. I've also considered a phoenix but I haven't really planned it all out... I might one day get my children's foot/hand prints...if I one day have children..:wink:
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am a tattoo fanatic as well.

I have 8 now.

1. On my right ankle I have a purple rose and white daisy. (Friendship tat with a best friend.)
    2. On my back between my shoulder blades of my son's footprints with a banner that has his name on it. (Tribute piece I got on what would have been his 10th birthday.)
    3. On my left upper arm I have a big lotus flower in red and pink with a tribalish-bone looking bed behind it.
    4. On my back right shoulder a blue puzzle piece drilled on me by The Enigma. (20 year friendship tat with a best bud.)
    5. On my upper right arm a moon, stars, and music note piece.
    6. On my right arm under side which also wraps around my arm to the moon/star/music note piece i have a huge tree which I call my family tree that has little colored orbs throughout it that represent the birthstones of all the people I love.
    7. On the back of my neck/top of shoulders I have a Pac-Man & Ms. Pac-Man With a pink heart above their heads. (Tat I got with my hubby on our 13th wedding anniversary. My husband's 1st tat. He was a gamer from WAY back and this is a gamer symbol for "Love at 1st sight")
    8. On the front/underside of my left arm I have an old fashion microphone on a bed of roses and other flowers with a banner that has my token phrase from WAY back "Music is love in search of a word." (I am a singer in my free time.)

I Plan to have many more. I will get my gargoyle type wings once I reach my goal weight.

Oh.... and I am a personal banker.... people always ask me if i am a biker and i always say, "No I'm not a biker, I'm a banker. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, I just love art and am not afraid of pain or commitment." hahahaha :D
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos but i don't have any!! Yet, that is. I've always liked them but never could commit to something. I'm glad i didn't as my tastes have changed in some areas and i'm not sure i would have gotten something i'd love forever. I've been looking at designs for a couple years now and am planning to get an art deco floral on the back of my neck with my children's names within it, and some type of floral/peacock style up my arm/shoulder which hopefully will be the start of a 1/4 sleeve. I think i'm old enough now that everything i want to do has a lot of meaning and i think i will love it forever. I also no longer care what anyone thinks of it so that makes it easier. I don't think it's unprofessional, but i doubt i would get them where i can't cover them up for interviews, etc. Both my children really want tattoos, so i imagine we'll all get our first tattoos together, or at least i hope so! (don't worry, they'll be over 18!). I will say that i'm nervous about them getting tattoos before they are my age - i'm afraid their tastes will change and they'll regret it so i'm hoping they'll decide on something meaningful.
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    I love tattoos :) I only have one...and it's true that they're addicting! I have a Henna-style lotus flower on the back of my neck. Tattoos on the spine=not very pleasant! I absolutely love it, but I always forget I have it! DEFINITELY want another on the arch of my foot!
  • rufatbob
    Options
    I have one on the left shoulder bear claw ying yang
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I just got my new tattoos this weekend, a female artist did them and she was awesome. I love them! Two nautical stars right below my collar bone, check them out on my profile!
  • sillysallyf
    sillysallyf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have just 2 hoping to get at least 2 more.
  • souralice
    Options
    Umm...I'm not sure exactly how many I have. A lot. I'll list them and then count. Haha.

Dr.Suess fish on my hip (one fish two fish...)
    Fire and Ice Faries on either shoulder blades
    Large stars on top of my shoulders
    Leopard print half sleeve
    Japanese half sleeve (lotus, butterfly, wind, water, cherry blossoms...its beautiful and really colorful!)
    "Smushy" on my bum (my friend has "Squishy". Just a little inside joke. haha)
    Lenore backpiece (comic book)
    Crown behind my ear (Queen of Hearts)
    Inner lip tattoo "XOXO"
    Number "13" and a black cat inside leg
    Old school anchor on right foot
    Cupcake on left foot

And soon to go to the Baltimore tattoo convention and get an antique key on my wrist!! So I guess that's like 14 tattoos. But a good bit of me is covered by them.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Umm...I'm not sure exactly how many I have. A lot. I'll list them and then count. Haha.

Japanese half sleeve (lotus, butterfly, wind, water, cherry blossoms...its beautiful and really colorful!)
    Inner lip tattoo "XOXO"
    Cupcake on left foot

And soon to go to the Baltimore tattoo convention and get an antique key on my wrist!! So I guess that's like 14 tattoos. But a good bit of me is covered by them.

Your tats sound beautiful, you should post some pics!
  • souralice
    Options
    Thanks! I think I will try to post some at home rather than work. Its easier there when I'm not always getting interrupted :smile:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Thanks! I think I will try to post some at home rather than work. Its easier there when I'm not always getting interrupted :smile:

Yes, work does seem to interrupt most things:tongue:
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Inner lip tattoo "XOXO"
    Cupcake on left foot

Oh my gosh I LOVE LENORE!!!! I've been trying to get my hands on the comic books forever. I loved Hot Topic because they used to carry Lenore stuff, but they don't anymore :sad: And a cupcake, how great! I call my hubby my "Cupcake" because I love the cartoon Invader Zim-GIR is my favorite and I tell my hubby that I love him like GIR loves cupcakes (which is a lot for anyone who doesn't know lol!) I would love to get a tattoo of GIR with his cupcake, or riding his flying piggy. A Lenore tatto would be just as great:happy:
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have 5 -

a celtic unity knot on my left wrist
    a large purple orchid with my 2 older son's names scrolled above & below it on my right ankle
    a heartagram (symbol of the band HIM) with the word "Rebirth" above it
    aquarius waves on the back of my neck
    and a quote from Heath Ledger on my right ankle "When you're happy everything seems to fall into place."

I want to get more, every one of my tattoos have personal meaning...I don't get tattoos just to get them. I don't ever want to regret any work I get done. My next one is going to incorporate my 3rd son's name.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Ive got so many tattoo ideas its amazing. and according to my bf, sickening. Too bad I dont work and live off his money, or Id have a ton by now. Or, at least a few.
    He said we can work out a couple someday, but he mostly finds them unattractive. :sad: :cry:
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    I got 10...

-tribal cross on right inside forearm
    -Cayote(armored vehicule) on right inside wrist (souvenir from my recon days)
    -My sons initials on my inside left forearm
    -Acadian flag on left brest
    -evil joker on right calf
    -evil joker on right leg
    -black jocker on left ankle
    -yin-yanf on left shoulder blade
    -theatre masks on left upper arm (I hate that one, i'm thinking of havin it covered up with a big coy fish or budda)
    -funny tribal band on right upper arm

future projects besides the cover up:
    -something for my daughter....i'm thinking her name in flash style writing with sparkles...
    -a prying virgin mary black on my right forearm to commemorate my mother
    - my kinds faces on my heart...if I can find anyone I trsut enough not to f**k it up!

and so on....lol

so if anyone knows an awsome tattoo artist in the Halifax region let me know !!!
  • bikerbelle7
    bikerbelle7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's my treat as well!! I figure that when I finally am a size that I like and feel comfortable with I'll be comfortable showing off a tattoo!! I'm shooting for June.... here's hoping!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    i found this recently and want it on the back of my calf (when Im satisfied with the size of my legs)
    n38610798962_1192894_4131.jpg

Ive wanted this for like 4 years now
    JoviTattoo.jpg
    I was gonna put it on my left forearm but the bf has a huuuge problem with a big tattoo there. I already had to cancel the appt and spend $300 on somethin else because I dont know where else to put it that I could show it off alot. :sad:
    Stupid compromising in relationships :brokenheart:
    (it originally came from this image, which I had someone photoshop into the above image)
    tattoo.jpg

I'd also like the quote in my sig somewhere.
    and I'd like "half jill" on my left wrist and "half jack" on the right wrist
  • dljochum
    dljochum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool! I have two tats myself. One is my family crest on right shoulder and the second is the zodiac signs of my wife & mine on left shoulder. Want a third but can't see myself spending the money. Many people don't know I have the two now. Good luck in 2010 and hope everyone hits their goals!
  • nurseandi
    Options
    I have 3 currently. i floral piece on my right back, shoulder. one back piece with 2 swollows and stars. bella on the back of my neck. want to gte more when i have extra cash, probably a koi/floral half sleeve.