400-Calorie Loaded Veggie Pizza (With Pics!)

Options

Replies

• KatieOSU523
    KatieOSU523 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow this looks awesome! must try!~
  • Ajholden
    Ajholden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time but I use Tumaro's 50 calorie Salsa or Green Onion tortillas. I can get the calories down to about 300 and it's super tasty! I spice the sauce up a bit with red pepper flakes, Oregano, or other Italian seasoning. You can play with the recipe a lot depending on what you like on your pizza. I mostly use turkey pepperoni, onion, crushed pineapple and top with a Laughing Cow Lite Swiss wedge chopped up in pieces. Sauce, toppings, cheese, then pepperoni.

There’s an important step to take to avoid soggy crust – cook the tortilla for a few minutes by itself to get it a little crispy. I preheat to 425 while my cast iron pan (or pizza stone) is in the oven. Once preheated, place the tortilla in the pan and remove after 2 to 3 minutes. It may fluff up, but just put something heavy on it or let it deflate by itself. Once you have it all loaded up with your toppings, place it back in the cast iron pan (the preheated pan helps cook the bottom of the tortilla). Cook for 10 minutes. I put the oven on broil for the last minute or two to get a nice browning on the edges of the bubbling cheese 
  • smnmltn
    smnmltn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    TFS. Will try this soon. :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing!
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yummmy!! I will try to make those as I'm addicted to Pizza!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    *mouth watering* :love:
  • dap1217
    dap1217 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krystleeanne
    krystleeanne Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • running_rob
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe idea, going to try it out ASAP looks tasy and healthy! :D
  • Kona2014
    Options
    Bump!
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yum
  • glazikj
    glazikj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!! Going to try it this week......
  • girlznme
    Options
    Bump
  • DewAddict
    Options
    Looks great!! I prefer thicker crust so I'm thinking of using the wheat flat out wraps like others have suggested. Will try for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
  • ChelsG77
    Options
    Oh that looks awesome! Im trying that for sure!
  • delorispiper
    Options
    Thank you!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Love making my own pizza!!!
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    bump
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I"ve been doing the same thing only I use a single serving pizza crust (150) and I just load it up with veggies. SO GOOD!
  • shepismint
    shepismint Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tried this earlier. Beautiful - thanks for the idea. :)