Options

Replies

• NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great, great story.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    He left a sizeable amount of cash, a truck, his house, and his personal belongings in the house, but the last item on the list was the most priceless of all…one chrome fifty pound powerlifting bar.

too long did not read................ but i thought those olympic bench press bars were 45 lbs?

I had a chrome bar when i was a kid.... well, 16, that a kid? feels like it now :-/ anyway pretty sure I weighted it one time and it was 45 lbs
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing Craig's story.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    What a story! Sorry for the loss of a friend.Thank you for sharing. Very touching.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • gracefor03
    Options
    Moving for sure.....nothing really would be able to explain how intense this was to read!

I appreciate you sharing this.

It is a good reminder for all of us to be compassionate and understanding at all times. We have no idea what others have been through or are dealing with.

Some of the most beautiful people that I have had the joy to know are people like Craig.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder!

Melissa
  • CKLE2793
    Options
    wow, great story. It was so moving, I :sad:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    He left a sizeable amount of cash, a truck, his house, and his personal belongings in the house, but the last item on the list was the most priceless of all…one chrome fifty pound powerlifting bar.

too long did not read................ but i thought those olympic bench press bars were 45 lbs?

I had a chrome bar when i was a kid.... well, 16, that a kid? feels like it now :-/ anyway pretty sure I weighted it one time and it was 45 lbs

http://www.wwfitness.com/olybarscollars.html

check here....2nd box down...olympic shrug bar , standard is 50 lbs. (yes, most commonly the bars you would think of are 45)

(and yes, this made me cry as well...thank you for reposting)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting!!!!
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    Awesome story! I got deads tonight....in honor of Craig, I am going to go above and beyond of what I normally do. I am going to go to my dark place and pull the hell out of it!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Bump for the Sunday night crew.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful story, thank you for sharing ironanimal. It reminds us that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and compassion. A person shoud never be judged on their outward appearance. Judging is only for God, not people!! All people are created equal and remain so, until their time on earth is up!
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows.

This is a fictional story, written by a guy who goes by "ajdos" on the PM forums.

Good to see it taking off. This guy is not just a good writer, but a pretty smart, experienced, and kind guy on the forums over there.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Amazing story of true humanity.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    What a very touching and amazing story. It brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing this story.
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great read!!! Thank you!!!!
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    Wonderful story. Just great.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Very very long but damn what a great story! Yes...I cried! I'm human dammit!
  • JessicaJonker
    Options
    Just what I needed to read...thanks for sharing his story.