Replies

• SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian ... add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian, but I only eat fish like once a week or so. :) Just when I'm craving it or can have sushi. :)
  • RickBsMFP
    RickBsMFP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently a vegetarian but have been a vegan in the past. Due to constraints in time and living space the best I can do right now is avoid eating meat, milk and eggs. I am still eating some cheese with the salads I get at the store. Since I made the switch I have greatly increased the amount of fruits and vegetables I eat. I am amazed at how much better I sleep, the increased energy I have and the improvement in my over all mood. I credit eating more fruits and vegetables with these changes and not solely the avoidance of animal based foods. I still believe there is a place for meat in the human diet but it should be much more rare. Even Chimpanzee's eat meat during the dry season, when fruits and vegetables are scarce. Humans don't have to worry that the supermarket is going to run out of fruits and vegetables so we really have no excuse for eating as much meat as we do.

If more people only ate meat once a week CAFOs and the over fishing of the oceans would become a thing of the past.

Add me if ya like :happy:
  • Aventuria
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a vegetarian, feel free to add me, the more the merrier! :flowerforyou:
  • TM2794
    TM2794 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 7 years. i recently started eating meat again (i know, terrible!) but i hardly eat any so i plan to just wipe it all out again anyway.
    feel free to add me. :)
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too, feel free to add me. I cook or prepare my own meals mostly and I am slowly building up my reciepes on my app. I've only been on for a week though. Im allergic to cows milk so u may find some substitues that are healthy like goats cheese or almond milk.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    pescatarian here!!!
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Heythere. I'm vegan, have been for 10 yeras + now. Ignore the ignorance about veganism/vegeterianism from meat eaters who think they know best..
  • mamatafari
    Options

How bout just don't post at all, then?

I guarantee your "truth" is just as ignorant as anything you're fighting so hard against...
    Because someone needs to represent the counter argument :)

ACTUALLY NO you DON'T because that is not what the OP was asking for.. That is called UNSOLICITED ADVICE. Many of the men i know (about 90%) are STRONG vegans and vegetarians.
  • dustygn
    dustygn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian here. Only just started eating fish. My food diary is a bit bland though, I'm not that motivated to cook for myself.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I used to be a vegeterian but turned into a pescetarian. God it's so difficult to have a good amount of high quality protein without eating a dead body.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything thats walked around but I'm a fish eater as well so please feel free to add me. I use fish and quorn to get my protein. Feel free to add me if you are up for leaving feedback for each other :-)
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    26 years veggie here.

I cook all my own meals.

And yes I log everything :)

Add if you want.
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, but I cook vegetarian meals often (chickpea, tomato and spinach curry last night). I would love to be friends feel free to add me x
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Oh god. Another one lost to the sound.

My roommate (10 years vegetarian before waking up) and I just talked about this. Message me if you want the truth about vegetarian/vegan diets. I dont feel like starting another rampage with ignorance via MFP forum.

you have the monopoly on the truth? perhaps you can put us right about the virtues of atheism, too.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian/Pescatarian (depending on where I'm living) for the last 9 years. And completely addicted to food blogs so I am always finding new recipes - feel free to add me!
  • mamatafari
    Options
    i'm pretty much a pescetarian trying to transition into a vegetarian but it's somewhat kind of hard especially since i'm not much of a cook. I need some friends who pretty much have either the similar diet or just to add, I need to change up the food I eat but it's kind of hard especially since im in college..any advice?

Congrats on thinking of making the change :) Have you ever checked out the website www.theppk.com? THere are a ton of great ideas there, and lots of people on the forum that are around your age/same situation.

Do you live at home, on your own, in a residence?
    Overnights oats is a great way to start your morning. Soak maybe a cup of oats in almond milk overnight (has to cover the oats at least). Add some cinnamon and vanilla (if you want). In the morning take it out of the fridge, and add some sliced fruits, a few nuts etc. Easy breaksfast that will give you loads of energy.
    Also, chia seeds make a great pudding, and is one of the best food sources to give you a huge boost in energy. Long distance runners find them a great energy supply..
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm technically pescatarian, since I eat fish twice a month or so. However, I eat at home most of the time, and I almost always cook vegetarian. Feel free to add me!
  • mamatafari
    Options
    I used to be a vegeterian but turned into a pescetarian. God it's so difficult to have a good amount of high quality protein without eating a dead body.

What? No it's not. Tell that to some vegan athletes (Brendan Brazier, George Laracques, Arian Foster etc.) as well as those of us who have no problems. And it's not like you have to drown in protein. Animals EAT PLANTS AND GRAINS which is where your nutrients come from when eating animals. Go do some research.
  • sionnain
    Options
    Vegetarian since I was 15, been trying veganism for the past 2 weeks. Anybody that wants is welcome to add me! :) Except that stupid guy up there that claims to know the "truth." He can't add me.