Having 'bad days' and could do with some motivation :(

Options
Hey all!

I've had several 'bad' days this week :( Had an awesome weigh-in result, but since then it all seems to have gone downhill: Ranging from 60 to 1000 calories too many in a day).

What isn't helping, is that until 21st September I'm stuck working 6/7 days in a restaurant so I'm constantly surrounded by lovely foods which we're allowed to help ourselves to at the end of the day!

I really want to get back into putting 100% into my diet/fitness plan but could do with some new friends to help inspire and motivate me!

If anyone is interested, feel free to add me!

(I'm from the UK if that makes a difference!)

Replies

• jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I've had some bad months...weight is staying the same and the clothes fit but I'm not eating nutritionally valuable food. I'll buckle down for a day and then eat crap the next.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I stopped counting calories and eating horribly.. it started out as resetting my metabolism but now there's no excuse (I hit up a bakery and ate 3(!) pastries today). Starting Monday I'm eating healthy and hitting the gym, lets motivate each other cause I'm gonna need the motivation!
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? That time of month? Taking a multi-vitamin? Drinking enough water? All those things affect my ability to stay on my plan either negatively or positively. Working at a restaurant with delicious food for FREE has got to be an especially difficult challenge. I guess there are things you can do like drink a glass of water before you eat. Limit yourself to one yummy meal a day at the rest. and then eat salads or vegies with a protein at the other meals, bring a protein bar for one meal, figure out what you can eat at the rest. so you don't go over your calorie limit but I think you've already done that and are still going over. I had a few tough days last week and i figured out it was because I had put too many hours in at work the week before, was under a tremendous amount of stress, wasn't eating throughout the day because I was so busy, came home ravenous and exhausted and then wasn't sleeping soundly because I was stressing about work. When I put that all together in my blog (I use my blog as a journal) and got caught up on my sleep, I vowed to take my breaks, not work while I ate lunch, go home on time and meditate for 20 minutes before going to work. When I weighed in today I had still lost almost a pound for the week. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • softsculptor
    Options
    Try to limit yourself to salads while at work...restaurant food is generally jam-packed full of calories.