FAST FOOD!!

Options
What are some foods that get you over this fast food craving!!! .... besides a banana! HEEEELP!! A juicy burger curly fries andmilk shake sound delicious right bout now!!!

Replies

• Aventuria
    Options
    A cuppa coffee! Or brushing teeth!
    Or a walk! Good luck getting over the craving, we've all been there and will be... :grumble:
  • greengoo
    Options
    I just tried a table spoon of peanut butter! ... better than a burger n curly fies n chocolate! ( mmmmmm)
    {its all just in my head} >.< these are the moments where i could be weak... This seems like a harsh fight!
  • seriousjake
    Options
    Fast food should work.
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had a fast food craving last week. So I made vegetable "fries" (stay with me here). I put green beans and fine asparagus tips into a bowl with a teaspoon of oil, a crushed clove of garlic and some salt. Mixed it all up so the veg were evenly coated, then tipped it out onto a baking sheet and put it in a med/hot oven so about 8 minutes. They were crunchy and so delicious, I ate the lot!!
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant but have also found that lactose free milk is heaps lower in calories an doesn't taste too different, you could still have the odd milkshake with it :)
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Make a juicy burger with lean beef and/or lean turkey. Bake some sweet potato fries, or turnips, green beans, whatever veggie you wish to sub for fries. Even have red potatoes cubed and roasted if nothing else will do...just watch portion.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If your craving it, eat it. Just order the smallest sizes available. Get a Jr. burger, a kids size fries and a kids size shake - or share it with someone. Eat a big salad and some fruit with it to fill you up. Don't deprive yourself or you'll go mad - or stop trying. I've found that eating small amounts of things you want actually helps in the weight loss process. Eat mainly healthy foods - but allow yourself splurges now and then. The rest of the day eat as much healthy, low fat stuff as you can.
  • greengoo
    Options
    It was the grease n salt.. lol wow that sounds nasty now that iv got over it!! ithink the peanut hutter helped..
  • greengoo
    Options
    I always aim to eat the proper portions.. the thing is i hardly eat fast food! But you are right i need to becareful i dont want to binge or something!
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ive been dying for a cheeseburger lately haha I usually just cave and eat what im craving or try to make something healthier but similar, for instance i might make a portobella burger or try to jack up one of my veggie burgers
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    What about home made? I find if I eat a burger with a whole wheat bun and some store bought oven cooked fries do the trick. It's healthier than fast food, but it's similar....kinda.
    I am addicted to grease myself, I feel your pain!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I eat a Boca Burger and baked tater tots...It's not just for us vegetarians! They are really really good! Try it! :D
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i usually crave sweets... not fast food. but theres always healthy versions of food!! some of my favourites:

casein ice cream
    006.jpg

"spaghetti" with lean ground turkey and spaghetti squash
    003.jpg

egg white pizza
    018.jpg

chocolate protein pancake with cocao nibs
    001.jpg
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Make a turkey or black bean burger! Parsnip or carrot fries are totally yummy. You could also just bake some potato fries!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I always crave sugar, and earlier I was craving it really badly! I don't keep anything naughty in the flat as I used to binge a lot.

Anyway... I had a spoon of PNB with chocolate dessert sauce on top with a cup of tea. Worked a treat :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Go get a kid's meal. Craving won't go away with the food. Just steer clear of the shake, even a small of those is not good.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    try a burger, no bun with butter and your favorite fixings.....wonderful!
  • greengoo
    Options
    My co-worker told me about the boco burgers too! he loves them! .. the thing is .. is i dont want to eat hanburger fries and shake! well... i do but i know its bad unless i have time to make it homemade! in that id rather eat a turkey burger with all of the topings wrapped in lettuce like a pocket! Thank you for all of the ideas! am looking for things to basically take my craving off of something at that moment that i wont he able to work it off..
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    cruskits with cheese and turkey are awesome and low carb n really tasty... mini quiches, oat muffins or banana muffins is another good one... a sliced of toasted fruit toast is another fav of mine... yoghurt.. have a jelly bean and only 1 lol drink water
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The only cure that works for me is getting up and DOING something...whether it be clean my room, play with the cat, read a book, go to the gym anything. Ik it's tough but you can do it