Low Calorie Breakfast - what's yours?

Options
I've been on MFP for one week & love it! I was looking back at my breakfast choices and I feel it's the most important meal to jumpstart the day....just curious what some of your breakfast meals are and the calorie intake on them?

Replies

• getnfit2day
    getnfit2day Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My lowest was scrambled eggs w/8 oz of orange juice @ 290 calories.
  • EvaaBliss
    Options
    My absolute favorite Brekfast in life Is REALLLY toasted Toast; With a grapefriut Peeled; and seeded all Cut up and Mushed into a bowl; Then you use the toast as a spoon and eat!! its soooo refreshing and amazing!!
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It adds to the confusion if I have a lot to pick from... This week all I have eaten for breakfast is the following, which is about 279 calories. It fills me up so I am not really craving, or needing, a mid morning snack...

1 pack of high fiber instanct maple and brown sugar oatmeal
    2/3 2% milk (great value-walmart brand)
    10 grams of sunmaid raisins

Along with water!!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean D'lite breakfast sandwiches are good, I think about 270cals, 120cal english muffin with a little peanut butter, scrambled egg whites, turkey bacon, and 45 calorie bread toasted with a little low cal butter. Not sure of the nutrition value, but it can't be too bad. Those are just a few of my favorite breakfasts.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    A bowl of frosted shredded wheats with almond milk & banana, 350 cals
    A chocolate Ensure, 250 cals
    Poached eggs on toasted oroweat bun, 260 cals
    An oroweat bun, toasted, with a little butter, 150 cals
    A banana, 121 cals

I eat breakfast around 8 or 8:30, then morning snack at 10, lunch at noon, afternoon snack at 3, and evening meal at 6.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I eat oatmeal, eggbeaters w/ laughing cow cheese, Greek yogurt, fiber one bars...those are my norm.
  • Rainster
    Options
    I love to start my day with oatmeal. It's not the lowest in calories (especially because I like to add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tiny bit of brown sugar in the bowl), but it really sustains the body and sets a good tone for the whole day.
    I really believe in pairing complex carbs with healthy proteins, so I add protein powder to my oatmeal (my trainer tried to get me to mix egg whites in it... yuck!!). That breakfast runs me about 311 calories.

I also like making eggs, usually two whites and one whole, scrambled with whatever veggies I have in the fridge. Either wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla or sandwiched between an english muffin, and you've got a great protein-rich, complex carb-packed meal to get you going!
  • jhoopes
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal w/ 2 tsp of brown sugar
    1/4 cup of fat free/skim milk
    1 fried egg w/ Mrs. Dash Seasoning w/ homemade salsa

Kroger - Dark Brown Sugar, 2 tsp
    Generic - Fat Free Milk, 1/4 cup (2.5 Oz)
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large
    Quaker Oats - Oatmeal, 1/2 cup
    258 calories 28carbs 9 grams of fat 10grams of protein 94 grams of sodium
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 egg, 1/2 cup of cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup of orange juice... plus one big coffee of course :)

Then in the morning as a snack I eat a fuit, and that gets me going for the day.
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 egg, 1/2 cup of cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup of orange juice... plus one big coffee of course :)

Then in the morning as a snack I eat a fuit, and that gets me going for the day.
  • col0825
    col0825 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I cut calories by doing 1 whole egg w/ 2egg whites for your scrammbled eggs ad some green peppers and a little bit 1/4 c of shreeded cheese and a slice of whole wheat fat free toast with a mist of margarine for 256 calories Yummy
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Envirokidz - Organic Gluten Free Gorilla Munch Cereal, 0.2475 cup 40
    General Mills - Rice Chex Cereal, 1 cup 100
    Organic Valley - Organic Fat Free Skim Milk, 0.5 cup 45
    Add Food | Remember Meal 185

Total of 185 calories, sometimes I have more chex, but they don't add a whole lot of calories.
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love the omelet in a mug recipes from Hungry Girl. You spray a coffee mug with non-stick spray, dump in a quarter cup Egg Beaters, one wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese, and any meat or veggies you want. Pop it in the microwave for 60 seconds, stir, and keep microwaving in 15-second intervals until the egg is done. You can add just about anything you can think of to make this your own, but Hungry Girl has a lot of variations in her cookbook and on her website. With just the Egg Beaters and Laughing cow, I think this comes out at about 70 calories, and it is soooo good! Pair it with some whole wheat toast or oatmeal if you want to get some fiber in there, and you still come out with a delicious low calorie breakfast!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Mine isnt really low cal but I like to mix low fat blueberry yogurt with fat free cottage cheese. Its like 400 cals but (except for the sugar) very good for you.
  • getnfit2day
    getnfit2day Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Keep'em coming :) Some great ideas from you guys. It definelty gives me some new ideas and sounds really yummy.
  • Jlinares
    Options
    Plain - Egg White, 3 egg white (33g)
    Bacon - Bacon Turkey, 4 strip
    International Delight - Coffee Creamer - French Vanilla, 2 tbsp
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 3 cup (8 fl oz)

275 calories
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of Special K or Fiber One with skim milk. I really enjoy a cup of low fat cottage cheese, with a bit of splenda and a little bit of cinnamin. and coffee.:bigsmile: yum.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    100 calorie, high fiber english muffin, 1 poached egg and 1 oz of ham equal 200, you can add a medium banana for another 100
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    My daily calorie needs are ~2200, so, my "low calorie" is going to be higher. I also look at breakfast as something to not skimp on. The bigger breakfast I have (and similar size lunch) the less likely it is that I'll snack on junk etc.

Here's my typical breakfast on weekends - 490 cals.

Water with multi vitamin. 0 cals.
    Banana - 105 cals (eaten on the go)
    Bacon/scambled egg wrap 385 cals.
    (consist of 3 pieces low fat/sodium bacon, 2 eggs scambled* , one Rudi's Organic Bakery - Whole Spelt Tortillas, pepper and no salt)
    *eggs scambled in microwave, mix 2 eggs, pop em in for 60 secs, perfect clean and easy. No mess or butter/oil etc.

Obviously I can reduce eggs/bacon to reduce calories etc, and even add small amount of cheese for taste only, adding ~50 cals.
    I make it the night before, often "tweaking it" for what's happening next day ... which is typically a round of golf :) The 490 cal version is my golf breakfast.

Here's my typical breakfast on weekdays.

Water with multi vitamin. 0 cals.
    Banana - 105 cals (eaten on the go)
    Steel Cut Oats
    You can have as little or as much as you want, range from around 150 - 400 cals (400 is quite a lot of eating).
    It tastes great and fills you up like you wouldn't believe. Add some honey or cinnamin or something like that to play with the taste (but adds cals and other intakes to meal).
    Make a big batch of it on Sunday night and you have enough breakfast for a week.