tummy fat.

Options
I'm finding it so hard to lose tummy fat, i've lost a few inches around my legs and arms but I haven't lost anything around my tummy, it actually looks quite ugly now as it looks like it sticks out more.
I do a lot of cardio and in between I do strength training, I actually do more strength training than cardio! I know the tummy is the last to lose weight but this is ridiculous!

Replies

• carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Same here.. and I don't know what to do, either.
  • Culley34
    Options
    Weight comes off in the order it was put on. Just be patient -- it will come off. For women, fat is primarily stored in the tummy, butt, and legs (sorry, can't change evolution!).
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it so hard to lose tummy fat, i've lost a few inches around my legs and arms but I haven't lost anything around my tummy, it actually looks quite ugly now as it looks like it sticks out more.
    I do a lot of cardio and in between I do strength training, I actually do more strength training than cardio! I know the tummy is the last to lose weight but this is ridiculous!

Keep losing weight. It will go away.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off in the order it was put on. Just be patient -- it will come off. For women, fat is primarily stored in the tummy, butt, and legs (sorry, can't change evolution!).

Weight comes off in the order it's put on?
    Maybe for some people but don't think it's a general rule.
    The rest I agree - keep at it and be patient.

I feel the same, feel likes it's gross and stands out more because although big I've always been well proportioned.
    But I'm just looking at the bigger picture now and this is just a stage I have to work through to get there. :)
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Keep losing weight. It will go away.

I agree, I used to have a very small waist and now there's a bulge/shelf whatever. Slowly but surely it is diminishing and in the end it will go too. Believe it or not, there is a sort of redistribution during the maintenance phase. Also recommend doing core work as it helps develop the pelvic girdle which pulls in the stomach.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    research core exercises.. eat omega 3 fats .. drink a ton of water .. try jogging/running ... i was in the same boat as you..first time i ever noticed i had a waistline i almost fell over but core exercies really do help... planks are a good core exercise .. i never took up yoga but heard its really good for your core
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yep, same problem here. Most of my fat is in my stomach and back. I've lost half an inch from my thighs and 1.5 or 2 from my arms. I've just accepted that it's coming off this way and at least it IS coming off.
  • thatlisagirl
    Options
    I am with you! And its hard to see, unless you measure yourself- which can run you crazy. I have been multi training for a little over a month and I see more of a difference in my upper and lower body (mostly from swimming), but my friends say that they see a difference all around. I do know that core excercises, in addition to your normal routine, can help round down the belly. I know because I used to be a gym rat for pilates and yoga and I have to get back into it again :-)
  • Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz say pure raspberry ketones help. I'm going to give it a try since I'm in the same boat.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Exercise does no good if you are eating bad. IMO, it's 80% diet,10% workout and 10% genetics. Eat clean, watch your sodium and sugar, drink a ton of water and tea, cut out alcohol. It's amazing the benefits that will have. Then add a combo of cardio and strength training will help make them show and lean out. Do core exercises rather than strictly ab exercises. Focus on adding planks, v ups, hanging leg raises, etc, into your routine instead of simply crunches.

Good luck!!!

BTW - i have lost more than 10 inches in my waist doing exactly what i am talking about since mid-March. Add me for added help and motivation if you would like!

Good luck!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Your stomach sticks out more because you've lost weight in your upper abdomen and the sides of it.

The front will go next! Have faith. Keep going! Good luck.

Exercise helps. Abdominals are better, but just a lot of walking have helped me tremendously.
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have cut way down on my carbs, upping my proteins and trying to remember to drink more water.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Exercise does no good if you are eating bad. IMO, it's 80% diet,10% workout and 10% genetics. Eat clean, watch your sodium and sugar, drink a ton of water and tea, cut out alcohol. It's amazing the benefits that will have. Then add a combo of cardio and strength training will help make them show and lean out. Do core exercises rather than strictly ab exercises. Focus on adding planks, v ups, hanging leg raises, etc, into your routine instead of simply crunches.

Good luck!!!

BTW - i have lost more than 10 inches in my waist doing exactly what i am talking about since mid-March. Add me for added help and motivation if you would like!

Good luck!!!

Good Advice!!!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options

This, plus Pilates!
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing...Cardio and strength training is key as well as eating well. Try staying away from processed foods and try to eat as cleanly as possible. This is what worked for me...be patient it will come :~)

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    Have you considered the "Flat Belly Diet"?? There are foods in there that truly focus on visceral fat, and help rid your tummy of it. Yogurt, dairy, and avocados target the belly. You can also try doing some Core training, such as Yoga and/or Pilates... Dancing (especially Belly dancing or even Zumba) targets this area.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!

She is exactly right :) There is a quote I read once that said, "Abs are born in the kitchen". You can have a really nice strong core doing all those ab exercises, but if your still carrying a bit of fat you wont see the results til you modify your diet. Look at your fat intake. You may be following the recommended amount, but remember every body type is different. At 5" 3 122 lbs you cant have THAT much of a belly your at the ideal weight range according to the BMI. If your looking for that *cut* look to your stomach there can be genetics involved there too. If your comparing yourself to those model/fitness trainers that you see on the cover of fitness magazines, they go through a pretty strict diet routine a few weeks before a photo shoot sometimes and/or they just have them naturally :( . I bet if you saw them sitting on the couch watching TV, nice and relaxed, they would have a little *pouch* too. hehehe

Are you staying within the reccommended fat allowance? Make sure you are eating "healthy" fats too. Try cutting it down by 5-10 g a day and really focus on that core area. Along with your normal strength and cardio.

Best of Luck! and remember sometimes we just have to find a point where we accept ourselves no matter what believe are imperfections :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz say pure raspberry ketones help. I'm going to give it a try since I'm in the same boat.

Dr. Oz is an idiot. And don't waste your money.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is an idiot. And don't waste your money.

Amen to that brother :)
  • WriterIzzy
    Options
    I have been using Raspberry Ketones and have noticed a difference. They also have given me more energy. They're 100% natural and have no negative side effects! I swear by them!