Next phase of training (DVDs). Please help!?!?!

Options
So.... I have never started a thread on here before but having read a lot of others and I am bit worried that I will get as much abuse from people as i do support but here goes....

I started my weightloss journey January 2011 and have overall lost 78lbs. I am, obviously, really pleased with that but since about March, there hasn't been a lot of movement. i have been two steps forward one step back which is frustrating to say the least and affects my moods quite badly when i put weight on. People including my doctor have suggested that maybe i'm at my natural weight but at around 12st 8 - 13st (fluctuating) and with very wobbly bits (belly, thighs, arms), i don't feel i am at my natural weight. When i was 18 I was 11st 4 and while my original goal was 12st i have since moved it to 11st 7 as i am alot older now and between 12st and 11st 7 is where i think i will be happiest.

My question is, what next?

I have my diet down pretty much, low sugar, low carbs, no refined carbs at all. 1 day off a week. I don't drink alcohol, i don't eat cakes or biscuits, i don't eat a lot of chocolate anymore, usually one plain chocolate mint based treat each day because i have never forbidden myself anything as i see that as a slope to failure.

Exercise wise, i'm a Jillian Michaels nut. started with 30DS then BFBM and NMTZ, i have 6W6P, KB&T but have only done them a couple of times as feel i still need all over workout. I then did Ripped in 30 and have more recently got extreme shed and shred which is great. But i haven't seen the results i saw when i first started with 30DS since then.

Should i stick with ES&S for a couple of weeks? Do a programme of my own using all my JM DVDs or I was thinking about her Body revolution which obviously would take alot of consideration because of the price. I don't really get how the DVDs work out on a day to day basis and as i am a weathered JM fan will i get a challenge from the early workouts or should i try insanity? I hear that has great results. But i am concerned I may be over reaching with that workout as it looks slightly mental but is shorter in bother overall duration and session time that body revolution??!!!

Sorry i have gone on so much and i hope i haven't said anything that would illicit a negative response in anyone :/ but i really need to shift more fat (as does my husband, who does a running and weight training programme off the internet) and we are at a bit at a loss of how to progress further.

Any advice is gratefuly received.

Thank you

Mrs H

Replies

• twosteps
    Options
    Hi Mrs H

I know exactly what you mean with the "one step forward..." thing, hence my username! :P

I've never done any of the Jillian Michaels workouts, but I am down 63lb since Sept 2010 and have been hovering at around about 150 for a year now despite going to the gym and eating well.

I wanted to start losing again, just the final 10lb, and tone up some of the loose skin I had. I'm currently working through Power 90, which is also made my Beachbody (the guys that do Insanity) but it is less intense. Don't get me wrong, it is still tough! 6 days a week and I'm currently having some issues with tiredness 50 days in, but I have had great results so far. The scales haven't moved but my 30 day photos showed a massive improvement with a flatter stomach and my double chin has gone!

So if you're looking for something to do perhaps before Insantiy, as a lead up, then I would recommend it. I think my boyfriend and I will move onto Insanity or P90X once we've finished this.

Congrats on the awesome loss thus far, and best of luck!

Lynds
  • MrsH78
    MrsH78 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lynds. Will look into that one. :)

NIce to know it's not just me hovering around so close to my goal!!

Good luck to you too and I hope insanity is kind to you

Mrs H