Need friends

Options
Hi! I started a MFP account quite awhile ago but didn't use it much. I have over 100 lbs to lose and feel desparate. I've tried countless eating plans and "diets". I am afraid for my health because I'm almost 44yrs old and have been overweight since 3rd grade. I'm hoping if I get more involved by having friends, joining groups and etc. I will stick with MFP and be successful. When I first signed up I didn't utilize it to it's fullest. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Replies

• 3ysha
    Options
    i already add you now ~~ i will help you and encourge you as i can ,,

any one feel free to add me too :)
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Your story sounds like mine. Haven't utilized the MFP site as I should. I know it is awesome because I focused with it years ago and felt fabulous. We can do this ... I'm sending my request to you now.
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I feel like the support will be key to my progress :)
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome aboard! I also did not use it much when i first started... but i sure am now. Once I got some friends for encouragement.... it was soooo much better! I will send a request! You CAN do this. i turned 50 this year and feel so much better than i ever thought I could!
  • titi4j
    Options
    I have a friend that has been using MFP for 200+ days and has lost over 40 pounds so I know it's possible.
  • titi4j
    Options
    Thank you so much! I now know I have to utilize MFP to it's fullest to get results, and that includes friends, groups and etc.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi T. I'm 69. I've "dieted" many times and always gave up and regained the pounds. A few years ago I discovered how much it helps to have the support of an on-line group. We cheered each other on and it made a world of difference. I lost about 30 pounds with healthy food (just less of it) and swimming. I had every intention of keeping on. My husband got sick with lung cancer and my Mom was losing her mind to dementia. I managed to maintaint the loss for a year or so, then was overcome with grief for the loss of my husband and then my mother 9 mo later. Last week I realized I have come through the worst of the grief and feel like living again. A friend introduced me to MFP and I love it. I don't even need a whole lot of feedback. It helps me to read the posts on the boards and know that many others have the same struggles. Using the tracking tools is a major motivator for me. Ani
  • flamencobarbie
    flamencobarbie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me in as a friend if you would like. we can offer eachother positvie support.. :happy:
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi I also need to lose over 100 you can add me .