I might break up with Weight Watchers...

Options

Replies

• jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I cancelled my WW account about two weeks ago, right after I discovered MFP. MFP is sooooo much better and I feel better!
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used to do weight watchers but like you point counting got a bit tedious. I have only just joined this site but just flicking through the msg boards everyone seems a lot more supportive hopefully mfp will work better for you!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    when I was growing up, mom mom did Jenny Craig. She GAINED weight instead of losing it. Go figure since she burns off most of her calories at the gym or at work as a Registered Nurse on the grave yard shift.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    My manager did the same as you she turned round and said 'gimmie that website!' she was annoyed at the meetings and how pathetic some of the women could be. One time this woman left because she didn't win slimmer of the week by a quarter of a pound- it seemed more like a race then a healthy means of weight loss! She had lost something like four pounds but that didn't seem to matter : /
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30 lbs on WW. Then I hit a 7 month plateau -- I quit and it's slowing but surely coming on off. I think my body needed a change and I found that (new ideas, recipes) here.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    About 4 years ago I left WW for calorie counting at (originally, caloriecount.com), but then I found this place.

It's SO much easier than points tracking (and not to mention, cheaper!)

Counting points was getting on my nerves, and I feel I learn a lot more by tracking calories.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Also, we're free!!
  • uahorsegirl
    uahorsegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had been doing WW since April 2011 and lost about 22 lbs. I started B12/B6 and Lipotropic shots in July and decided to give those a fair chance. The office doing that gave me a great deal and I am doing those thru November. I stopped my Monthly pass membership but signed up for the online only membership and that is thru October I think. I came back here to see if tracking here would be easier. I find it is easier that point tracking but I have to get ahold of my emotional/bored eating.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I cancelled my WW and I love what I am doing now so much better.

I have purchased and started using Fitbit a little over a week ago and the combination of tracking my food here and combining the Fitbit tracker has caused me an incredible sense of accountability and ease. Pror to the Fitbit I was using a pedometer and it was just tracking one small lthing. The Fitbit counts everything and it is so acurate!

Fitbit and My Fitness Pal interact and it is as simple as syncing and you can get as involved as you want or simple as you want. It is totally awesome and helpful.

I also love the boards on both.

Ditto broke up with WW, joined MFP and just got a Fitbit. Love MFP and Fitbit. And also love MFP Customer Service, they are topnotch! :heart: :heart:
  • mkuepfer
    Options
    I did WW about 7 years ago and had great success until I went off plan and gained weight back pretty fast. I have switched to MFP and I am actually learning what I can eat that will make me stronger and better. I think the most imprtant thing is journaling and then you can start seeing how your diet really works for you. Also I do not add my workouts onto my log because then it wants me to eat more food. I am trying to lose a lot of weight and I want to maxamize my weight loss.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I tried WW once with the old point system and lost about 17 lbs and then again about 2 years ago with the points plus and lost about the same. I got really tired of the point system, the weekly meetings were ok but not motivating enough. Some of the leaders were boring. Anyway, I joined MFP and love it! Much easier tracking calories and exercise, lots of support and motivation as well as great info..and it's FREE!
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi
    I lost a stone on Atkins then did ww, i lost another 3 stone, i got sick of pro point tracking too so tried filling and healthy, at first i had good losses but found that the more carbs i ate the more i wanted, i was getting addicted to oats so simple of all things. so i ditched ww and started up on atkins, which you can configure this site to show atkins, i had put a stone back on but that is now gone again!

i think weight watchers was great for a while the eating out book especially got me through many occasions, but i found i just craved more and more carbs, atkins suits me so much better
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I haven't done WW since I was 15, didn't have much luck... I don't like how it's a little more complicated when losing weight is pretty hard in itself... keep things simple!!!
  • primalperson1
    primalperson1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Meredith
    I think the tracker here on MFP is awesome! I post on a message board on WW because I've become "friends" with the people and we give alot of support to each other for changing behavior. But I stopped using the Points Plus system when they switched over to making fruit free. I knew I could not lose weight that way. I started using the LOSEIT! app which I liked because I could learn about nutrition and it was simply a more accurate way to see what I was doing with food. I just found out about MFP and have used it for a few weeks now, and I love it! There is a really good community here too and folks who are quite knowledgeable about nutrition. Good luck! I have 15-20 lbs to go. Friend me here if you want to do a challenge together or just be connected.
    Oh...the other thing that is cool about MFP is that your "friends" can view your tracker/food and exercise if you allow it. That's a good way to get direct feedback. Carol
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I did WW on my own and going to meetings. I lost weight easily in my early 20's as I got nearer to my 30's it wouldn't come off. I tried going to meetings for support and motivation. I never lost more than 23 pounds on WW and that was when I did it on my own and not paying for it. I just used the materials.

January 2012 I was enormous, highest weight ever. Just had a baby and had PPD bad. Tried WW on my own because I am poor with another kid to feed. I lost the first week (probably water weight) and then nothing after. I googled calorie counter and found MFP. I have never met goal, I have never passed my goal. I have never been my high school weight since high school......until now, all with MFP.

So if you ask me, MFP is so much better than WW.
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 lbs on WWs back in my 20's. Kept it off for years, then slowly regained. I rejoined WWs a few years ago and lost about 30 lbs. and mostly due to me not staying on track, I stalled. Then they switched to the new points system and I thought it might be a good change, but it just was way more complicated to follow. Previously I could estimate points pretty accurately, but the new system has a 'secret' conversion. I ended gaining back most of the 30 lbs.

A few months ago, I tried LoseIt and then came across MFP. I wasn't tracking every single day, but still managed to lose some pounds. A few days ago when a friend mentioned they had joined, I decided to take it as a challenge to track daily. So far, I'm down 19 lbs. :)
  • donnamixon
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers three years ago with the Points Plan and lost 30 lbs. in six months. I achieved Lifetime Membership and thought the program was wonderful. I kept the weight off for over a year. Then, I had a major crisis in my life and started stress eating. When I rapidly regained all my lost weight, I joined WW again, this time under Points Plus. I hated it and never lost an ounce. So, I divorced WW. I have been trying MFP for 45 days now and still haven't lost any weight but at least my life is not miserable with this plan. I have made some great, supportive friends so I feel like a winner whether this works for me or not. I have a lot of determination so hoping I can get it figured out and get out of this plateau soon! I like this so much better than Weight Watchers!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I just broke up with Weight Watchers, too. I find it interesting that they say they want to know why you're leaving, and to do so they provide a list of choices, such as "didn't like the online tools," "achieved my goal," "I felt a needed more personalized service," or "I'm pregnant," but not a single choice is "loved the old program, don't like Points Plus." You can check "other," but you don't get the option of explaining. I don't think they want to know just how many people truly disliked the switch to Points Plus.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i did weight watchers and hated it! i put on 5lbs and the points tracking drove me insane. a friend told me about mfp and I've lost 15lb on here and made some amazing supportive friends. you need to do what's best for you and maybe at this stage in your weight loss this is it. good luck with whatever you decide. :-D
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a bit and lost 30lbs when i was in college. although i enjoyed the points, i never learned anything from it. i've lost about 33lbs here, and have learned so much more and am aware of so much more of what i'm putting in my body. also, mfp being free is ALWAYS a plus for me!