Fit Bit Ultra

Options
2»

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like mine. Have been using it for about 5 month. It definitely motivates me. I try to do at least 10K steps every day. Yesterday, I walked 11K in steps and all I did was clean around the house! I walked that many steps. Sometimes, I barely do that with a ittle cardio and weight lifting. Holy cow!

My wife thinks I'm crazy beacause I'll walk around the house between commercial breaks jsut to hit my dalit goal of 10K steps!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have only had mine since Thursday but I have seen an improvement in my activity level. I love that all I "need" to do is log my food here on mfp and everything else syncs. I use to be ultra obsessed with apps to monitor everything then have to transfer that data here. Now Fitbit n mfp take care of themselves and I can take care of me. I love the cal in out gauge. It has motivated me to take a walk or do a lil something extra if I see im in the red. The sleep tracker mode was also an eye opener.
  • frenchrose1
    frenchrose1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit and I love it. My job does not require a lot of walking so it allows me to monitor my steps and I try to reach my set goal of 10,000 steps a day. I love that it sends me a weekly progress report and I always try to bet the prior weeks activity.If you like you can add me as a friend :smile:
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been using the same fitbit since January. I wear it all the time unless I'm going to the beach or water park. It syncs with MFP but I find I need to have reasonably moderate activity for it to give me any calorie credit (i.e. 5000 steps of running will give me more calories than 5000 steps sporadically at slow speed throughout the day - which makes sense). I do have a GPS HRM that I use specifically for running and occasionally for an Insanity workout. I can override the fitbit calculation for an activity but have found by and large that fitbit approximates burns pretty closely.

Since it has been 8 months+, I find the day/week/month charts quite useful and I can actually compare calories eaten versus calories burned vs. my weight during a given month and find that the calculations are usually pretty close to what the scale does. Exceptions I found are that I tend to burn more when doing significant strength training than what I type in as calorie burn (fitbit not good for tracking strength training but gives you the option to enter manual calorie burns or use some of the exercises on their site).

Very pleased with it and I do feel it motivates me to move...
  • mransom1970
    mransom1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really like mine, but It has stopped working several times because it gets wet when I sweat playing tennis. I have had to change where I put it and it still sometimes quits and does not record my whole tennis match. I still love the fact that it syncs with MFP but I ordered the BodyFit Media Armband and will start using that when it comes in. I may use both for a while :)

I still love my Scale :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    I LOVE mine when it works! It tracks calories and keeps me motivated. I love that it tracks flights of stairs you go up as well.

That being said, I've only had it since mid August and it's given me a few problems. Sometimes it won't sync to my laptop, and currently the display will not work. It's still counting steps, but won't show me any data until I sync it with a computer. Customer service was kind and responded quickly - But how many times do I need to re-install the software and re-set the fitbit itself before it just does what it's supposed to? :)

But seriously, when it works for me, it is very motivating! I'm always trying to hit my 10,000 steps for the day! :)
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The "Bit" is fine.
    It's the website, Dashboard and customer service that is nonexsistant. A growing number of people are becoming rabid over the utter lack of Customer care and support by Fitbit!
    I don't know why so many people complain about their C/S department. I contacted (via email) their customer service department & within a few days, I had a very helpful response. The guy even apologized for not getting back to me in 24 hours like the website says they will. I LOVE the dashboard section of their website as well. I love mine & actually get mad at myself when I forget to clip it to the center of my bra in the morning to record how many steps I take each day. The fact that you can synch it with MFP is also great.

Ditto, I have always found them to be helpful.
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I didn't do anything as far as re synching since my last post. Eventually fitbit did sync the walking in to myfitness. There must be a delay in how long it is taking.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I own one and the scale (yes I went all out on it lol)

Is it easy to use? Yes. Very. I leave the charging station plugged into my computer and everytime I walk past it, it automatically synchs everything that I've done. Even the setup was a lot easier than I thought it would be. You go to the website, download a program and it runs in the background of the computer all the time to synch with the device.

Do you find it useful? I do. I had always played with the idea of getting a pedometer to find out what I was already doing to try to... you know... do it better. This takes all the hassle out of tracking what I do during the day or guestimating how active I've been.

Do you feel like it encourages you? Yes -_- I have a friend who also has one who doesn't work a desk job like me, so seeing how many steps he does on a daily basis makes me want to do more. It also sets up daily goals for you (which you can alter to be higher or lower depending on your activity level) and I find myself usually right below them and at the end of the day working towards meeting them. Like the other night for example, I was at 9400 steps. My goal is 10,000. I went for an extra walk to meet my goal. Had I not had the fitbit tracking me I probably wouldn't have worried about it.

I guess it really depends on how goal-oriented you are =/ Personally though, I really like it. It also pairs really well with myfitnesspal so that anything you track here gets reflected there so you don't need to track foods twice either.

THIS^^^ plus, would you wear a HRM 24/7? I rarely take off my fitbit. Because I am a 38DD, I wear a sports bra to bed. So I leave it clipped to my bra while I sleep, then I switch it to my regular bra after my workout, then back to my sports bra in the evening before bed. About once a week I put it on the charging station while I am on the computer.

I can literally look at it some days and think "damn, I really DID walk a lot today!" I personally have noticed a trend--on grocery shopping days, I walk a TON. I usually have like 900 calories left for dinner ( and I only start out with 1450 for the day). On friday I walked 5.6miles!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and love it! It can estimate my calorie burn for the entire day where my HRM is only best when I'm working out. I wear the FitBit all the time, and wear my HRM when I'm exercising, then the calories I enter during my workout from my HRM overrides the calories from steps during the same time.

I haven't had any issues with Customer Service. There was a while that the app was crappy, but they seemed to have that fixed now.

The only thing that is kind of a pain is that the movement of a car ride can count steps and stairs you aren't taking, but I just set the stop watch feature and then log that time of "activity" as "automobile driving" and it removes the steps counted during that time. (Customer Support had to help me with figuring that one out).

Also, if you get one, check Amazon.com! I got my Plum colored FitBit for about $10 less than the FitBit website sells them for.
  • Joneisha07
    Options
    Mine totally died after about 5 months. Fitbit never responded. Luckily I had bought I on Amazon who replaced it

I got mine on amazon as well and after a while I had two chips in it (it still worked fine). I sent the folks at FITBIT an email and the replaced mine for free. I ended up giving the chipped one to my boyfriend.
  • Kdub_80
    Kdub_80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for almost a month now. I find that it absolutely encourages me to be more active. I actually ran in place one night because I was close to 10,000 steps and was determined to get there! As a person who loves data and charting, the fitbit is wonderful!
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drive alot for work. I go to peoples homes and help them. I was trying to figure out what I walk distance wise. The problem is it tracks steps even when I'm driving. I now take it with me when I go to the track to walk/jog to get an idea of how far I'm going. Any ideas on how to not count driving?
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love mine, and it definitely keeps me motivated to keep moving. I hate to see that I didn't make my step or stair goals. I think I would go nuts if I didn't have it. I love that it syncs with MFP and it makes the whole "lifestyle change" or "diet" or whatever much easier.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit. I am more active because of using it. It is not the same as a pedometer. I have my MFP set for lightly active so the Fitbit doesn't register steps until I have done my regular activity for the day. I love that it syncs with MFP automatically - getting the extra exercise calories is a real kick.

I have had no problems with it except that I have insomnia so the sleep mechanism is useless to me - I'm up and down too often to have it track my sleep.

I can now aim at 10,000 steps easily.
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Is it easy to operate? Yes it's very easy to operate.

Do you find it useful? I like how it graphs out your steps and gives you an average for a week.

Do you feel like it encourages you more? It does help me want to be more motivated to work more steps.

Any info would be greatly appreciated: One thing I love the most about it, is if your'e away on vacation and don't bring your sync adapter with you the Fit Bit will actually store up to 7 days worth of your steps. It was really nice to have to not worry about getting my steps tracked while on vacation earlier this year.

I want to get the scale soon, a friend of mine has it and he's lost 50 pounds using it along with the Fitbit.

My profile: http://www.fitbit.com/user/226BHJ; I don't have many friends on there so Fitbit friends welcome!