Anyone else buying skinny clothes? before they actually fit?

Options
I'm a thrift store addict, Lately I've found that i'm buying cute clothes that *almost* fit.

Pants/shorts mostly.

anyone else?

I just love to shop for great deals, and don't want to buy any more "Fat" clothes .

and I can't pass up the cute GAP capris for 3.99 or the "joes jeans" for 4.99 that will fit when I Lose 5 more lbs.

who else wants to admit to this?

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm a thrift store addict, Lately I've found that i'm buying cute clothes that *almost* fit.

Pants/shorts mostly.

anyone else?

I just love to shop for great deals, and don't want to buy any more "Fat" clothes .

and I can't pass up the cute GAP capris for 3.99 or the "joes jeans" for 4.99 that will fit when I Lose 5 more lbs.

who else wants to admit to this?
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    not me! lol I'm enjoying having my pants falling down around my ankles without a belt..somehow them being baggy when they were once skin tight feels fantastic! I did buy 1 pair of jeans that fits approprietly in case I ever leave the house lol...and I had shirts that were too small, so I'm golden for another 10lbs or so,...lol but I don't blame u one bit for buying smaller, if I found a good deal I would too :)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Not me either! I don't want to spend money on clothes in hopes that they'll fit as I lose weight. If I'm going to buy clothing, I'm going to buy something I can wear now and not tomorrow.

You're a brave lady, a lot braver than myself! :flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I actually did once. I bought a bathing suit one size too small in anticipation of weighing less by summer and low and behold-it's too big already:bigsmile: Won't do that again...

10479.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I plead guilty to the accusation:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It actually is a good idea. I know a few months ago well two to be exact I saw a pair of pants that are for work that were on sale, and they were my size then, they still fit but its my hips that hold em up. I was ecstatic to know that I am just about a size 6 now!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!! a year ago I was a 16!!!!! It amazes me that my body changed that much
  • LonelyPilgrim
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything at a dept store that was too small for me, but when I see something that is a great deal, that I know won't be around for me to buy when I actually AM that size, I can't pass it up.

I know that at my skinniest (2 years ago) I was a GAP size 4. So.. buying a size 6 now, doesn't seem like s tretch.
  • ginnyg
    ginnyg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG i so have had 2 to go out and buy new clothes.... i have lost 44lbs so far and evrything i own is waaaay to big, i walked into a shop and picked up a biggish size and was amazed that i was 2 sizes smaller!!!!

I am only halfway to my goal and i am looking forward to the next new set of clothes that i buy when i hit it!!!!!

to all out there that have loads to lose or have lost loads.....keep your biggest garments i am looking forward to having a pic taken when i reach my goal wearing my largest garment!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I am a thrift store junkie too- I have some shorts & pants that are one size smaller and a shirt I love that is my inspiration. :ohwell: Remember the itzi bitzi teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikni that was used for a yogurt commercial- inspiration is everything right now- that and my glucose monitor!:tongue:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    No, don't need to. I'm a saveaholic and I have great clothes in every size that I outgrew, now I'm going to ingrew them:laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I actually did once. I bought a bathing suit one size too small in anticipation of weighing less by summer and low and behold-it's too big already:bigsmile: Won't do that again...

10479.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Don't you just love these tickers???!!!! 72 pounds lost. I still can't imagine being able to lose 30, let alone the 50 I need to. Thanks for being an inspiration.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my thrift store!
    I just bought a dress that *fits* but not *nicely* LOL- so when I lose another 15 it should look fantastic! I have until September, so that's realistic and hopefully I'll lose more than that!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying skinny clothes but I have been shopping in my skinny closet and I can't even begin to tell you how GREAT it feels. I still have a long way to go on my weight loss and I'm trying not to spend too much money on transitional clothes.

I just found out that there is a really good vintage and consignment store a few miles from home. I had hoped to visit it today but took longer than I had planned with my morning workout and my house cleaning.

Maybe next weekend.
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    Luckily I haven't needed to buy I had some old clothes going down to 26W then I have a skip unitl 20W then I have a skip down to 16W (in pants only though) so until I get below 14W I won't have to buy any. I am going to have to see if I can borrow a pair of 18, 22 & 24W pants from either my sister or mom that I can wear outside the house. I don't care if I look frumpy while I'm at home but yesterday I was noticing while grocery shopping my shirts are getting too lose and pants are overbaggy in legs (if only my stomach would cooperate and drop about 10 inches :tongue: ) I am going to buy all my new clothes from when I get down from a thrift store. It is just more budget friendly.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    Options
    thanks for pointing out the ticker.

I too, save a lot of my old clothes, so when I lose 5-10 more lbs, I'll get to go shopping from my top shelf in my closet where all my skinny jeans are! that will be fun too!

But, I had missed shopping. I usually allowed myself to go to goodwill, or somewhere similar about once a week. I haven't bought much in the last 6 weeks or more because i keep hoping I'll be smaller soon.... So.. now that i hit the 5 lb mark I let myself go shopping, bought one pair of jeans that fit great now and then 3 things for the next 5 lbs
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I plead guilty to the accusation:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It actually is a good idea. I know a few months ago well two to be exact I saw a pair of pants that are for work that were on sale, and they were my size then, they still fit but its my hips that hold em up. I was ecstatic to know that I am just about a size 6 now!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!! a year ago I was a 16!!!!! It amazes me that my body changed that much
    Way to go you are inspiring!!!! Hope we all can have similiar success!!!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LonelyPilgrim - I do this too! :wink:

When I first started on here, I bought myself a "goal" outfit, and it now fits! I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I fit into those clothes. I just went shopping yesterday to try and find my next goal outfit in a smaller size. I personally like my clothes to fit pretty precisely, and if you figure you drop a size with every 10lbs, then I think this is great motivation!

Think of how great it will feel to get into those clothes!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I am sooo guilty of this! I love to shop and like to be prepared:laugh: . I do not buy much in the next smaller size, but enough to keep me motivated. I hate to waste money so it keeps me going. You can't let good clothes go to waste.
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do! I live in Alaska and in my area there isn't much for shopping. I travel quite a bit so am always trying to load up on sale/clearance clothes in a size smaller than I am. It's worked out quite well, since I don't have many transitional clothes to work into. I have a lot more transition to go through, but I'll get there!:happy:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of pant today. They *almost* fit...but not quite. Maybe by next month?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    debuckl... I love your signature quote... I had that Shel Silverstein poem on the door of my classroom when I was a school teacher! :tongue: