Plateau

Options
I have hit a plateau. Over 6 months I have been successful in losing 39 pounds; however, January has me at a plateau. Any suggestions on how to get past this point? My goal is to lose 15 more. My goal is not an unreasonable one-it is the top end of "what I should be" for my height. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sheriz22
    sheriz22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of work out system you are following, but most gyms have personal trainers. They can be pricey. So a option my trainer did for my friend was give her one session were he set up a program for her. He took one hour to show here which machines and cardio she needs to do, time on each and weight. Then he should her three small things to do before she went to bed. That was her one and only session with him but she broke the plateau and lost another 7 pounds. Important point was he asked her first what she usually did when working out. He said it is about tricking the body with new things to get weight loss started again. Sorry if you have already sone all this and its not any help :(
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Check out the link below, it was very helpful for me. :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning
  • WickedFit
    Options
    Hi! I am a Personal Trainer. I am curious....what are you currently doing for your workouts? I can give you some advice if you would like.
  • kayceelew
    Options
    I think I need to change my workouts...but I burn calories so figure it's all about the calories. However, you make a good point - to break the plateau I change some things...I can always go back to my "routine". My time is limited so I jump on the elliptical and burn 300 cals and go. Maybe some weights. What were the 3 small things your friend did before bed?
  • kayceelew
    Options
    this is awesome - thanks! Will read and re-read this and put some changes in place...I'm energized now !!