No I'm not pregnant!!

Options
Today I went to pick up my daughter up from Nursery and they asked me if I'm expecting again. I've lost almost 3 stone and was hoping that these sort of comments would stop.

I feel like hiding in my baggiest clothes and not leaving the house. I wont and will keep on going it just seems I've worked so hard and still get these comments.

Replies

• Bella3119
    Options
    Don't give up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I just don't get why people don't understand that this is just not a question that you ask people. I have an acquaintance who is very obviously pregnant, but I still haven't said anything to her on the off chance that she has some odd health condition that would make her look pregnant! I can see how in the context of where you were that maybe they would think it's time for you to pop out another one so they can have a new "customer."
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    ur doin fab!!! dont let them get to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Don't lose heart! :flowerforyou:
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    People are dumb. Hang in there.
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It was the other way round for me, I was so big that when I was pregnant people didnt ask either because they thought I was just fat or they couldnt tell.

You have lost soooo much already. Dont let this comment derail you. Use it to keep going and to reach your goal.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen before when I was bigger. It is really depressing, just try to remember you are doing all you can to change that and keep pushing on.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    *HUGS*

Tell these people, politely and firmly, that it is RUDE to ask questions like that! I'm sorry the people at your daughter's nursery school are rude and tactless but remember - you are getting healthier everyday and they just are mannerless imbeciles.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Oooh girl :( Forget about their comment. If anything, you probably made them feel completely awkward about asking and being wrong. 3 stone is an amazing loss! Just keep your head high and stay focused! You're beautiful inside and out, and in no time you'll be at your halfway mark and then cruising on to your goal weight! Don't let others' stupid comments discourage you! Be strong :o)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    awww honey you don't know how many times i have been asked that one! even about 6 months ago after loosing 100lbs! :sad: i promise you keep on with the good work you are doing and people will start to notice you are losing weight sooner than you think x
    :flowerforyou:
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Don't let them get to you xx Sounds like you are the same shape as me, the weight is falling off everywhere really well except my tummy, so it does stick out more :grumble:
    It will go, we just have to keep at it xx
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to focus on all the positives. If you lost that much weight. You probably breathe, sleep , and move around a lot better. Theose are your wins and they are more important than the words of people who are not apart of your journey.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Today I went to pick up my daughter up from Nursery and they asked me if I'm expecting again. I've lost almost 3 stone and was hoping that these sort of comments would stop.

That is just plain mean. You should consider moving your daughter instead of having to subject yourself to catty and obnoxious people who treat you that way.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    try not to take it to heart to much, it could be something as innocent as your daughter giving them the impression that your expecting again, 41 lbs lost is a huge amount and you should be really proud of it. i do agree with mbcarren08 though it should be banned from asking people this question lol, and remember it could be worse...........when i had my last baby because i was so big nobody new i was pregnant and kept asking whos she was, when i told them she was mine they were shocked as they hadnt noticed any difference x
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, you are doing great!
    And those persons are either very rude, or very dumb, or both.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have learned NEVER to ask that question... you think most people would know this... I know it sucks but keep up the good work. You have lost so much already! I understand, I stay away from certain tops in my closet cause I feel like they may look like maternity clothes and I don't want to be mistaken for being pregers! Keep doing what you are doing and one day NO ONE will make that mistake again.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    3 stone is a lot! Don't lose hope.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    If only that person knew how far you've come. Keep going! While kickboxing, imagine that you're punching and kicking her stupid face. :)
  • asprague917
    Options
    my bfs 6yo asks me almost every time we get her, if im having another baby or when im going to lose my belly...ive learned to just shake it off, granted its from a kid but it still hurts no matter who says it.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I've never been asked if I was pregnant, but people have done that to my mom before and it really bugs her !

If someone asked me that I would be very annoyed too!...

I'm sorry , don't give up! Stay strong<3