@love4fitnessl, thank you for the thread. :happy:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    @love4fitnessl, thank you for the thread. :happy:

you're very welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love all these responses! Things I'll never do: cut out whole food groups, allow myself to be hungry, or eliminate things that feel like treats from my diet.
  • krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    I will never give up ... anything

I will never give up sushi night, pizza night, bar night, fright night, wine and cheese night ... you get the picture

I will never give up reminding myself that a failure to reach today's goal does not keep me from working toward tomorrow's.

I will never give up.

All things in moderation.
    Live hard, love hard, play hard, work hard.

Words to live by : I will never give up reminding myself that a failure to reach today's goal does not keep from working towards tomorrow's.
    thank you
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    love this! never is a strong and LONG time time but here goes...

1) i'll never NOT eat bread!! (glad I'm no longer torchering myself with that one!)
    2) workout everyday
    3) go hungry
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude and totally agree!!

I realized recently that my body will reflect the lifestyle I lead. I'm a casual runner/boxer/triathlete who loves home-cooked healthy food, but unwilling to give up the occasional cupcake or scone or fancy dinner. I expect a body that can perform really well, but I'm not going to expect to be 12% body fat. It would look nice in the mirror, but I'd be unhappy with the lifestyle it would take to maintain that.

I told my friend recently who was *****ing... You're not a pro athlete. You have a job and a life and hobbies that make you an amazing person. So why are you upset you don't have the body of a pro athlete?
    Options
    @secretlobster--what a great way to think of it. fitness isn't my career, it's a hobby along with MANY other things.

I have so much to offer the world in other areas and so much to look forward to in the future that I'd rather not compromise those things for this one aspect of my life. You pay a tremendous cost to maintain a 12% bodyfat--possible infertility, hormone issues, thyroid complications, and even just the social aspect of NOT eating out, partying during celebrations, and the like. Some things are just more important. Now, I'm not saying that CARING to some degree isn't important because it is ---it's just that the external appearance of your body shouldn't rule your life.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I'm not a model, actress, athlete, pop star... and I don't need to look like one. How I look has no impact on who I am as a person. I certainly LIKE feeling sexy and strong and fit... but I also like eating mac & cheese.

If my paycheck demanded I have a lower body fat percentage, and it was a sweet enough paycheck, I might consider passing on the mac & cheese. Until then, though...
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1. workout for more than an hour a day, every day

I could never only workout for an hour most days........I like being more active than that. But that's just me.

No it's not just you. I feel gross if I don't workout for at least 90 minutes. I try to do at least 120 minutes every day. At least.
    Options

I could never only workout for an hour most days........I like being more active than that. But that's just me.

No it's not just you. I feel gross if I don't workout for at least 90 minutes. I try to do at least 120 minutes every day. At least.

Used to be me too. I think realized just how much damage I was doing. The desire to start a family someday outweighs my desire to be a few pounds thinner.
    Options
    I feel the same way. I'm not a model, actress, athlete, pop star... and I don't need to look like one. How I look has no impact on who I am as a person. I certainly LIKE feeling sexy and strong and fit... but I also like eating mac & cheese.

If my paycheck demanded I have a lower body fat percentage, and it was a sweet enough paycheck, I might consider passing on the mac & cheese. Until then, though...

ditto!
  • rhvandan
    Options
    I will never
    1) Put my health at risk by trying an unhealthy, unrealistic pill or chemical as a "weight loss aid"..
    2) Let myself become one of those psycho health nuts that has to put others down when they aren't as strict as me (if I ever become strict, that is)
    3) Push myself to the point of avoidable injury
    4) say no when my toddlers offer me one of their little bite-size cookies
    5) say no to a breakfast in bed made by my hubby or kids (hasn't happened in a long long time, but I can dream)
    6) stop being myself.

I know exactly what I need to do to get healthy, and I intend to do just that, at my pace.

Love this thread!!!
  • LMPMOM4
    Options
    Cut out entire food groups
    Join a food cult and become self righteous about my diet
    Give up treats or sugar
    Let other people tell me the best diet for me
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    1. Use meth

2. ...Well, I guess just about everything else is on the table. I'm open to suggestions. :bigsmile:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Great topic:)
    I will never - starve myself
    - forget how it feels to really move my body (I love my workouts, and I fuel them)
    -deny myself my treats, as long as I can fit them in my calories (and mostly in my macros)
    -obsess over the scale or other measurements
    -refuse being hand fed by my girls:)
  • Thundermtn
    Options

2. forego fancy restaurants (occasionally)

3. give up froyo

4. Eat less than 1600 calories a day (on average)

5. be HUNGRY

**I've done all of the above...but now more than ever I realize that the scale, calipers, and even the tape measure do not define me. I am so much more than what my body looks like.

In my opinion, this is a tricky subject. So many people tend to be self proclaimed experts, but typically only for themselves.. In other words, what motivates one, doesn't necessarily motivate another. what works for one person, doesnt work for another. Length of workouts, cardio, strength, etc... That is a journey that YOU must figure out. Trainers HELP, but the old adage you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

I have had countless people instruct me on my diet, my fitness and so on. But, the more I researched them, they were just giving me stuff THEY liked. So, find your passion. Find what you enjoy. In my opinion, CONSISTENCY is the key. Small goals, and before you know it, your goals change and all of a sudden you are looking at your body fat % thinking,, hey, I can do this.

Good luck, the journey to being fit is a personal one, have fun, enjoy it.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will never go to Olive Garden without eating their garlic breadsticks, Logan's without eating their yeast rolls, any Mexican restaurant without eating chips and salsa, and will never, ever, ever turn down a piece of birthday cake. And I ask for a piece with a great big flower made of frosting on it. :love:

You have just been elevated to hero status in my eyes.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to give up froyo!!!!!!

WTH is froyo???? :embarassed:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    1) I will never do some type of stupid drug to kill my appetite
    2) I will never do one of those stupid "soup" diets
    3) I will never have lipo suction or some crazy survery to remove "fat" from by body.
  • mrsdutra07
    Options
    -I will never give up carbs, whiskey, or prime rib
    -I will never underestimate the power of positive thinking
    -I will never settle for less than happiness