Diet Detox

Options
anyone know of any good detox diets? I'm wanting something to clean out my body and have never done one before. I'm looking for something that does allow me more then just drinks and fruit. Any advice would be great! I'm also not looking to do it for a long period of time, maybe only 2 or 3 days

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Laxatives.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    anyone know of any good detox diets? I'm wanting something to clean out my body and have never done one before. I'm looking for something that does allow me more then just drinks and fruit. Any advice would be great! I'm also not looking to do it for a long period of time, maybe only 2 or 3 days

What exactly are you trying to detox?
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am just ending the Advocare 10 day cleanse. Very simple to do and it really is working. I suggest looking in to it.

Jill
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dont waste your money... just eat a lot of veggies and fruit (high fiber) and you will do the same exact thing as a detox.
  • halejr23
    Options
    Dont waste your money... just eat a lot of veggies and fruit (high fiber) and you will do the same exact thing as a detox.

Totally agree ... and it is WAY healthier for you!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The only thing a detox cleans out is your wallet. Just eat a sensible diet. The human body has a liver and kidneys, detoxing is their job, and they are quite efficient at it.
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Have you considered juicing? Fruits and vegetables 20% fruit 80% vegetables.

My brother swears by it and I yesterday I watched a movie called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"- about a man who documents his
    experience with detoxing and how it's helped him lose weight, get fit, and end his dependency on Rx.

My friend is giving it a go and when she's done I am going to also.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    7 lbs in 7 days by Jason Vale... you juice all your fruits and veggies
  • no1canadianangel
    Options

My brother swears by it and I yesterday I watched a movie called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"- about a man who documents his
    experience with detoxing and how it's helped him lose weight, get fit, and end his dependency on Rx.

I watched it... amazing... I actually started 7 lbs in 7 days by Jason Vale today :)
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did a detox for 9 days fromthe fat smash diet, it was mainly fruits, veggies, oatmeal, brown rice, water, and some sources of protien it really helped me get past my plateu, and it was more than just drinking juice, and i lost 10 lbs during those 9 days. Im sure some of it was water weight but i feel a whole lot better.

FOODS YOU CAN CONSUME DURING THE FIRST 9 DAYS!

All fruits in any amount
    All vegetable in any amount EXCEPT (No white potatoes or avocados)
    Protien
    Chickpeas
    beans
    tofu
    lentils
    Brown Rice- 2 cups cooked per day
    2 cups of low-fat/skim/soy milk per day
    As much water as you like
    Oatmeal-1 cup per day
    All herbs and spices
    6 oz low-fat yogurt (2 times per day)
    4 egg whites per day
    2 cups of herbal tea per day.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    The only thing a detox cleans out is your wallet. Just eat a sensible diet. The human body has a liver and kidneys, detoxing is their job, and they are quite efficient at it.

Completly right ! These detox diets are unhealthy best to just eat clean
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    Yes the body detox's naturally... HOWEVER, after years and years and years of eating unhealthy foods, there is only a percentage that is cleaned out by the body... detox's are healthy when done CORRECTLY
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Just use your liver. That is what it is for.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cut out the crap and start eating a healthy balanced diet. Start last Thursday.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

OP was pretty specific that they weren't interested in a juice fast.

Really clean eating is best. Fiber, unprocessed foods, and water, water water. Your kidneys and liver will sort out the rest.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Detox? Are you a drug addict or chronic alcoholic? Have you been exposed to heavy metals or some other poison?

Sorry, detox is a word bandied about by unscrupulous companies trying to separate you from your money. It, along with "cleanse" are perhaps the two most meaningless words in the health / weight management lexicon.

Fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein sources, lots of fluids and your body looks after the rest (assuming no underlying disease)
  • wilkyway
    Options
    Try and eat more raw foods. They contain a higher amount of enzymes aiding digestion and breaking down free radicals. I eat a raw vegan diet after major splurges, and it helps a lot. Also, once a week, or twice a month, whatever suits you, I'd recommend a 24h-37h fast---> just consuming water and unsweetened tea. Has always helped me and it won't do you any harm, if done properly :flowerforyou:
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    If you live in NYC or around NYC, try Organic Avenue. They have amazing 3-5 day detox diets that include juices and real food. I really like them.
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yes the body detox's naturally... HOWEVER, after years and years and years of eating unhealthy foods, there is only a percentage that is cleaned out by the body... detox's are healthy when done CORRECTLY
    False. Unless you have organ failure your body detoxes itself perfectly fine. A detox does absolutely nothing.