More Fibre - can anyone help?

Options
Hi, Just taking a look at my macros generally, it seems that I'm not getting as much fibre as I would like. My diary is public, anyone care to take a look and make some recommendations? It's probably just going to come from little things that I can substitute here and there, but as it stands I know I am eating pretty well (today - sept 10th - is the best day to look at as an example of how I generally eat), carbs could be lower but I really want to get the fibre up and the sugar down.

Thanks!

Replies

• zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi, Just taking a look at my macros generally, it seems that I'm not getting as much fibre as I would like. My diary is public, anyone care to take a look and make some recommendations? It's probably just going to come from little things that I can substitute here and there, but as it stands I know I am eating pretty well (today - sept 10th - is the best day to look at as an example of how I generally eat), carbs could be lower but I really want to get the fibre up and the sugar down.

Thanks!

Tons of greens.. Lotsa fiber. :)
    Whole grains.. Lotsa fiber. :)
  • phiddy23
    Options

Thanks!

Tons of greens.. Lotsa fiber. :)
    Whole grains.. Lotsa fiber. :)

Any examples? I already eat a lot of green veg and when I eat grains I always have whole grains.
  • niquecar
    niquecar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sprouted grain breads are quite high in fibre. I like the ones that contain flax.
    Also, eating green veggies such as green beans is helpful. I also find eating dried fruit like mangos and cherries add fibre to my diet.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Lentils, black beans, pinto beans, white beans; beans beans beans! I find it very hard to get enough fiber without eating beans regularly. Avocados help too and I love them anyway :)
  • lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Beans have tons of fiber or you could supliment with an over the counter fiber...i think its fiber choice has some good chewables.
  • NotReadyForMomJeans
    Options
    I add all-bran buds to cereal, yogurt and smoothies - great fiber, and I love the extra crunch (I even add it to ice cream!)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    veggies that steam in the bag
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Add chia seeds and ground flax into your food. It'll bump it WAY up. :)
  • rheilala
    Options

Thanks!

Fiber one works for me...unfortunately. Metamucil perhaps will help?
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You could always just see if adding a high fiber cereal to your breakfast (either with milk or in yogurt maybe) helps. Kashi GoLean, Fiber One, etc. have tons of fiber and taste pretty good.
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep. Metamucil will fit that bill...
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    add psyllium husk to smoothies or oatmeal.... 2 tbsp is only 35 cals and 9g fiber :)
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like Benefiber. I use the bulk powder at home and the individual packets at work.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Berries. Raspberries and blackberries are a fantastic source of fiber. Make a smoothie with them. My smoothie has 16 grams of fiber:

1/2 cup raspberries
    1/2 cup blackberries
    1 cup blueberries
    1 banana
    1 T Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams (though you can use sugar, honey, Splenda, regular PB or nothing at all)
    Ice
    Topped with light whipped cream
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I find that high bran cereals for breakfast keep me filled up till lunch and provide the fibre.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    take a look at my diary. i routinely hit around 35-40 grams of fiber a day. ignore the weekends, as i tend to derail. it seems i pick up a bit of fiber everywhere. today would be a good day to look at, but i haven't finished the day yet.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Home popped pop corn. Great low calorie and surprisingly filling snack due to all the fiber! Love it! X
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    KALE. that stuff will make you poop so much!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't see very many vegetables and fruit. That's your problem. Those are going to be your sources of fiber. whole grains too. I also see you are eating yogurt and almonds, not really the best sources of fiber. Try replacing those with some fresh fruit or something. I also see lots of chicken, eggs, tuna....zero fiber. I also noticed you're going over on fat?

Don't mess with fiber supplements, you're better off eating more veg and fruit.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Adding wheat bran to your yogurt can help.

I have added quest bars to my diet, they have 17 gms of fiber :noway: