Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars

Options
WendyTerry420
WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
I continue to receive requests for my recipe, so I thought I would post it here. I have altered this to suite my taste, including adding more protein and more sugar.

The original recipe that I used was:

3 Cups oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
Mix all ingredients and stir well. Spread in 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

That original recipe was too cake-like for me, so I changed the milk to only 1/3 cup and upped the peanut butter to 2/3 cups, (I also upped the brown sugar to 2/3 cups because I have a sweet tooth.) then I decided to a serving of hemp protein powder to it to add extra protein. It had a much better peanut butter taste at 2/3 cups. You might use the original and see what you think or play around with it. Then you can just input it into your MFP recipe box to get your nutrition facts. But if you love peanut butter, you might go ahead and increase it to 2/3 and see how you like it. It's pretty alterable to suit to taste. I suppose you could even add raisins or nuts or something if you enjoy them. I use extra crunchy peanut butter.

This is pretty easy and flexible to alter. You could substitute fake sweeteners for the sugar or whatever you want to fit your macros better. Enjoy! :smile:

Replies