How long did it take you to lose the first 5lbs ?

Options
I've been here for 7 months like it's my job and I've only just recently lost 1lbs...

Replies

• Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    from July of last year to October of that same year...then I gained it all back when I started cutting more calories and working out shorter amounts of time ..and eating too much candy didn't help ether
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs in three weeks, and now I've been hovering at the same weight for about a week. It's been frustrating, but I think I'm just putting on muscle due to all the exercise I wasn't getting before. I'm trying not to freak about it because the first 15 came off so easily. One pound in seven months doesn't sound right. Are you eating better and exercising? Are you drinking soda? Soda should really be more of a once in a while treat because it adds so many calories.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    do you still have your ovaries ? Sounds like it.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What does having ovaries sound like? I'm not sure what you meant by that. If your issues are somehow related to your ovaries, I'm sorry to hear it. I know that can make loss more difficult.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    I started last month and lost 8lbs...just kicked up my exercise program so hoping to start losing more soon.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Frst five pounds in under a month. It can be very frustrating when you don't see progress. Keep going.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    About 3 days.

It was water weight. I'd suggest buying a scale. Don't rely on the generic and homemade heading in MFP database. Unless you are making your own food and weighing every gram of everything you put in it then you are not being honest with yourself.

Also even if you are allowed to eat ice cream and pie and poptarts daily it isn't going to help you feel full during the day. I eat roughly the same number of calories as you do. I don't exercise hardly at all except a little walking and if I ate what you eat i'd be starving and binging on everything in sight.

Get honest, get serious and you will lose weight.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    About 3 days.

It was water weight. I'd suggest buying a scale. Don't rely on the generic and homemade heading in MFP database. Unless you are making your own food and weighing every gram of everything you put in it then you are not being honest with yourself.

Also even if you are allowed to eat ice cream and pie and poptarts daily it isn't going to help you feel full during the day. I eat roughly the same number of calories as you do. I don't exercise hardly at all except a little walking and if I ate what you eat i'd be starving and binging on everything in sight.

Get honest, get serious and you will lose weight.

I get my food from the state. Also, my parents go shopping. Not me.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    It kinda sounds like you are making excuses...if you are really serious about losing weight you will make the effort to put healthier foods in your body...Im in the situation where someone else buys the majority of the food. I used that as an excuse for years, now I know I need to be the one to make the change. You are 21, you can get your own food. Just make small steps at first, incorporating healthier choices into your current diet. Take a look at my diary if you like...It isn't perfect, but Im working on making it healthier.
  • aadutton
    Options
    What the...

Give me, do this for me, do that for me, fix this for me...ahh, life in an entitlement society.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    like 2 weeks
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It looks like you need to eat more protein. This doesn't have to be meat - it can be things like beans, bananas, yogurt, spinach, and broccoli.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What the...

Give me, do this for me, do that for me, fix this for me...ahh, life in an entitlement society.

This!!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    What the...

very spoiled childhood xD used to go to disney for 2 weeks every year staying at a $900 a night resort in country club in Kissimmee
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Probably a month.
  • adrBB
    adrBB Posts: 19
    Options
    First of, maybe you should try and act nicer towards people who are trying to give you some constructive feedback. I don't want to be a bully, but if you've only lost 1lbs in 7 months you're doing something wrong. Especially if weight loss has been your goal over those months.

Up your exercise schedule, cut the snacks/fizzy drinks, the first few should always be the easiest ones. Good luck.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I lost it in a week. Not sure what your situation is but get off the gov't and get a job but if you cannot do that than use our momey wisely i mean yourmoney wisely and do portion control
  • AliciaKayeLansford
    Options
    It kinda sounds like you are making excuses...if you are really serious about losing weight you will make the effort to put healthier foods in your body...Im in the situation where someone else buys the majority of the food. I used that as an excuse for years, now I know I need to be the one to make the change. You are 21, you can get your own food. Just make small steps at first, incorporating healthier choices into your current diet. Take a look at my diary if you like...It isn't perfect, but Im working on making it healthier.

we're TYPING. Also if you want me to do something about it;
    drive me to department of social services,
    pay me $1,000 a month,
    give me a place to live and a place to work.

On another note; you're not christ or God are you ? No. So please don't think that I'm here to please you.

I do believe you started this forum. If you don't want support and suggestions, don't ask for it. My response to "drive me to the department of Social Services, pay me $1000 a month, and give me a place to live and work is "GET A JOB" . Don't have one handed to you? GO FIND ONE. Did you really expect people to not offer suggestions or question you?

Are you keeping your calories under the recommended number? Are you exercising? If you have been on here 7 months and are counting calories and excercising, and still not losing weight- you might want to contact someone medically.
  • CourtneyWiss
    Options
    It can be hard to lose any weight at all, its sometimes hard to make the right choices, or to motivate yourself to get active I know that feeling very well its hard to stick with a plan, but the truth is it is completly up to you nobody can make the choice for you and nobody can lose weight for you, as long as you keep making excuses you will never lose the weight, I also dont buy my own food but i had to learn to eat less and make the healthy choice possible with the choices im given a gym membership may be out of the question if you struggling with money but running,walking are always options. Losing weight can be hard But its all about your mind set, I understand ive been "trying" for 5 months to lose 20lbs i havent lost a lb but the truth is i try somedays and its easy to make excuses...Ive lost weight before and the truth is you have to want it stop making excuses and get your mind in the right place.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Oreos, pudding, swiss miss cocoa...:huh:

It took me the first three weeks to lose 5lbs. Some weeks I lose more than others. On average, I'm losing about 1.5lbs. a week.

Writing down and logging what you are eating is a good FIRST step, but then you need to really look at that data and EVALUATE it. You may not purchase your own food, but I'm sure no one is forcing Swiss Miss down your throat. Okay, that was harsh, but...

Basically, start with small changes. One change for me was to drink nothing but water to start off with. Period.

It's good you're reaching out for suggestions, but try to listen and not be harsh on people when they give you what you ask for...advice.
This discussion has been closed.