NSV of the day! Share yours here

Options
I want to hear everyone's NSVs for today! There's no such thing as an insignificant NSV so tell us about your own :drinker: Mine is that I went clothes shopping and realized I went down a pants size (from an 8 to a 6). It has absolutely made my day!

also NSV = non scale victory

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this counts, but...took my son to soccer practice today. it was an hour long. instead of sitting there talking to people i don't want to talk to, or sitting and ignoring people, i did laps around the field for 55 out of the 60 minutes. got some unexpected exercise today, didn't have to listen to annoying chit chat from people i don't care about, and got to enjoy some fresh air.

not much of an nsv, but if this practice were a year ago, i woulda sat on my duff and not done anything.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers asked me how much I had lost because it really showed. I felt funny telling her it was just 4 pounds, but felt good about the 7 inches I've lost. I was so happy to see that someone had noticed.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I want to hear everyone's NSVs for today! There's no such thing as an insignificant NSV so tell us about your own :drinker: Mine is that I went clothes shopping and realized I went down a pants size (from an 8 to a 6). It has absolutely made my day!

Being asked for my number in the gym ( I am married so I said no of course but still made me feel good)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers asked me how much I had lost because it really showed. I felt funny telling her it was just 4 pounds, but felt good about the 7 inches I've lost. I was so happy to see that someone had noticed.

:D
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    This morning I tried on a shirt, and it fit. I hadn't been able to slip it on since December. ^_^
    I haven't lost that much weight, but I've definitely lost inches here and there, which is wonderful.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I keep having to hoist up my pants and underwear because they are falling down!! :laugh:
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I could have tightened my belt a notch this morning, but I chose not to because, well, I don't know why. But the victory is that I had the option!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Noticing that my aikido gi pants are getting baggy.
  • bellydancer124
    Options

Me too! I went shopping for jeans today and I went from an 8 to a 6!!! I was so excited. :happy:
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Saw some abs under the flabs - finally getting some definition!
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Two outfits that I haven't worn in forever because they were always too tight now fit quite nicely on me! Can't wait to see them look baggy. :) Also, got another notch further into my belt. Woohoo!
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Apparently I need to get new pants. One of my girl friends said it looked like I let the air out of them. :laugh:
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for jeans, which is as bad as bathing suit shopping in my world, and bought a pair that was two sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing in April!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Beat my best time by a lot: Ran 3.5 miles in 37 minutes! Bam, I'm awesome!! Great job everyone else!!!
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My current favorite jeans can go off and on without unbuttoning (about time to get rid of them I hate being inbetween sizes)
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    ran 4 miles without resting :sad:
  • kat191
    Options
    I can fit Into my Jeans without them being really tight that I have too pee alot! :D So happy about that!
  • ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K in 32 minutes, I haven't done that in years. :)
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The weather is starting to turn and this morning was really "Fall-like", so I went to our off-season closet to grab a pair of work pants and of the 12 pairs of REALLY nice dress pants I own, only 1 fit! And even these ones were loose, but wearable...all the other ones literally looked like I had a diaper on my butt, were all baggy in the crotch and at least one, if not two, pants sizes too big now!

This is one expensive NSV because I need business-casual clothes for work and I think 80% of the pants are so big that altering them won't even be an option! I had no idea my weight lose/ toning efforts had made such an impact because it was all hidden by skirts and dresses this summer!

Hubby says to me, "So when are you going shopping?"! YEAH!