This has been the hardest part in my weight loss journey.

Options
This has been the hardest part in my weight loss journey. I am 5'4. I started out at 150.5. My goal weight is 125. I am now anywhere between 137-132. I feel so comfortable here because I look "normal"in clothes (meaning: they fit, no more muffin top.) Now if I were in a bathing suit, that would be different. Clothes and style is what I had my eye on for the end result. Now that I have that it is so hard to stay motivated to lose those last couple of pounds. I keep doing well, then I will eat a big meal at wendys or something. My mind is not where it used to be at 150.5. Something has to change...any ideas? Can anyone relate?

Replies

• alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. Then you can eat and still lose the weight.
  • chanson104
    Options
    Sounds like you're comfortable where you are at. That's not a bad thing! Go with it!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Comfort is the key.... who cares about a number.
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming per day? Just lose the last bit slowly! Look into "eat more to weigh less"
    I would just find your TDEE, cut 10-15% and eat that. That way the weight is still coming off slowly, but you can eat and enjoy yourself at the same time.

I'm eating anywhere between 2200-2700 calories per day and still losing weight. I walk my dog 3 days a week and strength train 2-3 days per week. The only other "exercise" I have is walking around at work for 7-8 hours.

If you're near your goal weight and don't want to hardcore focus on cutting calories, etc then I would try this!!

Also.. strength train to get your fashion-comfortable body nice and toned for a swimsuit!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to stop thinking of weight loss and keep focused on maintaining or even adding muscle or toning if that interests you.
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I hear you. I am within 5 pounds of my goal and it is so difficult to get the rest off. I will say (having done this a number of time before), it has to come off. Feeling comfortable where you are has always been a "cop out" for me. Keep pushing, get it off, and you will feel even better about yourself. It is all about the rigor (that is what I keep telling myself) and be determined to reach the point you set out to get to. That is when you will feel confortable (maybe even in a bathing suit.)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming per day? Just lose the last bit slowly! Look into "eat more to weigh less"
    I would just find your TDEE, cut 10-15% and eat that. That way the weight is still coming off slowly, but you can eat and enjoy yourself at the same time.

I'm eating anywhere between 2200-2700 calories per day and still losing weight. I walk my dog 3 days a week and strength train 2-3 days per week. The only other "exercise" I have is walking around at work for 7-8 hours.

If you're near your goal weight and don't want to hardcore focus on cutting calories, etc then I would try this!!

Also.. strength train to get your fashion-comfortable body nice and toned for a swimsuit!

THIS 100% couldn't have put it better
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options

What is TDEE?
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    If you feel comfortable, maybe just maintain for a while. I have done that a few times. Since I've gotten below 135, I feel really great but am more motivated than ever to get to that final goal. So, while I'm feeling it, I'm going to push for it. If you're not, just spend some time enjoying where you are right now. Just a thought. :)
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    I am right there with you!! Sometimes I want to quit, because of the same reason. So now I am on the "look good naked" bandwagon.
  • fiberarts
    fiberarts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether you're looking for hints to lose more or advice on IF you need to lose more. I feel the need to address both.
    If 125lb is a number you were aiming for and need to achieve for your own psyche,then the others are right . If your goal was to feel comfortable with your body and clothing choices , there's really no reason to feel bad about not reaching the number you had in your head when you started. I believe it's much more important to learn to maintain a comfortable weight than keep trying for a goal weight that is not pleasant for you.
    When I was 17 I weighed 133 and was told I couldn't be "healthy" if I didn't get down to 116 (I'm 5'3). I yo'yoed and hated myself and ate wrong and dieted for years. At year 26 I got down to 128. At the health fair that year I was told I was almost underweight But I just wanted to get to 125.
    Fast forward a few years ...higher income driving a car, babies, (no you can't eat anything you want if you're breast feeding) no self control,etc. 35years old 240 and a goal of 140 I got down to 150 and very comfortable I was active wearing clothes that weren't X's but that other number was in my head and I just couldn't get motivated,so I gave up. You can see my point if at any of those times I had just learned to maintain I wouldn't have gotten to 310 and wouldn't be aiming for 150 now. Be comfortable, stay at one weight for a while and if that becomes unpleasant for any reason go ahead and cut back again. Remember all this is for you.
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

THIS 100% couldn't have put it better

So cutting 15-20% from TDEE keeps people motivated?

First of all... I was saying that if she doesn't feel like working her buns off to get the last bit of weight off when she's comfortable where she is, then she could do this...
    EDIT- to say that being able to eat 2200+ calories per day, not worry much about what I'm eating, always feeling properly fueled, AND dropping the pounds has kept me pretty freakin motivated!

Secondly.. to the OP... TDEE is how many calories TOTAL you burn in a day..... Look up the group "Eat more to weigh less" on MFP. :) Or message me with questions and I can help!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Maybe your goals are now changing? You achieved the first goal of looking good in clothes. Now maybe you are ready to move on to the next level? Great. Give yourself permission to rest and have a break, mentally this is a really good thing to do. Then, on to your goal of rocking the bikini. Weightlifting is an excellent way to look good naked :D I