Would oatmeal be a good lunch choice?

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I ate oatmeal for my lunch today! Nothing wrong with it :)
  • sarahroseconroy
    sarahroseconroy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love porridge (oats) I eat it all the time for breakfast.. sometimes in the weekends Ill have it twice a day. Quite often I have it as "dessert" at around 8pm its never done me any harm.. if anyhting I think it gets me through my 6.00am workout eating something good at night.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal with a small amount of peanut butter and half a banana for lunch today. It was yummy.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with oatmeal anytime of the day, BUT,,,

oatmeal is easily the most over rated "health" food there is. There is nothing magical about oatmeal. Its bland and basically tasteless, There are a million threads here about how people have to add stuff to oatmeal to make it taste decent.

If you really like oatmeal, then eat it. But dont eat it because you have been told that its a wonder food. It isnt.

have some bacon or a steak or some sweet potato fries. Oatmeal = yuck
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal for dinner quite often in the winter - it's a good-for-me comfort food, and quick and easy to make when I'm getting home late and eating dinner at 8:30pm (3 times a week).

I make it with a little bit of peanut butter or Nutella, some walnuts and maybe some raisins, and some skim milk. Craisins (sp?) are good too and add a little zing.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    I know most people have oatmeal for breakfast, but I just have a big protein shake as my breakfast. I was thinking oatmeal will be a good lunch choice because it's so filling & would probably hold me over well until dinner. Or is that too many carbs to be eating so late in the day?

sure oatmeal anytime of the day. ;)