help with dating??

2»

Replies

• janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    I just remembered the name it's Meetup

I also just read this thread and honey - you have got to know you and you be the picky one you decide if someone is right for you not if you are good enough for them.
  • First step, don't take advice from other women. Ask a guy like me via pm. I'm married so I'm not going to hit on you but I'll give you cold hard truths about what women do to make men run the other way. Your opening sentence had a glaring red flag.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    I was raised by a single divorced mother. All I can say is raise your kids first, then worry about finding a man. This means you may have to sacrifice / delay your happiness for a short time, but your children need your attention 100%.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Find some volunteer organizations, running club, health membership, community college classes...anything that will be a place where you are enjoying what you do and so will he...this ensures you guys actually have something in common.

Secondly, make sure you google "body language" and understand the type of message that you are relaying when out in public.

Lastly...if all else fails, a white t-shirt and no bra is always a compelling argument.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Yahoo personals. Easiest way to date when you have kids IMO. :)
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member

Easy says the lady with the awesome...ummm, dinner plates.
  • I was raised by a single divorced mother. All I can say is raise your kids first, then worry about finding a man. This means you may have to sacrifice / delay your happiness for a short time, but your children need your attention 100%.
    worst advice ever.
  • sizzle92

Easy says the lady with the awesome...ummm, dinner plates.

:laugh: Hey in my defense I didn't have them back then! The man I found on Yahoo bought them for me! :tongue: :laugh:
  • sizzle92
    I was raised by a single divorced mother. All I can say is raise your kids first, then worry about finding a man. This means you may have to sacrifice / delay your happiness for a short time, but your children need your attention 100%.
    worst advice ever.

Agreed. I hate that Dr Laura advice.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    I am going through a divorce and joined a site.... just guard your :heart: , and be very cautious, weary, and always ALWAYS meet in a public place... I cannot stress this enough....
  • dinosnopro
    worst advice ever.

It's called advice from a person that has first hand experience, but if getting you rocks off is more important than raising your kids more power to you
  • sizzle92
    worst advice ever.

It's called advice from a person that has first hand experience, but if getting you rocks off is more important than raising your kids more power to you

So married couples shouldn't focus on their marriage/relationship and "get their rocks off" either? They should solely focus on their kids. Got it. *eye roll* (coming from someone with experience as well. A happy healthy blended family)
  • dinosnopro
    I guess every divorce is different. I did not have the fairy tale broken home story, mine is more two parents that cared more about them selves then they did their children. Therefore I am an advocate of worrying about your children first and your dating a distant second, and by distant I mean when they are adults or near adults and can take care of themselves.

And when you are married you have a team to parent your children. ( or should ) One person does not have to do the parenting by them selves, that enables more time to be spent on the marriage ( or "getting their rocks off" )

I guess my post comes across a bit bitter....but, yep I'm bitter

:flowerforyou:
  • sizzle92
    I felt bad after I posted that actually because I realized later you likely are bitter. I'm sorry. :flowerforyou: And I do "get" that many times the situation is bad. My ex is on girl #4 or 5 by now. Second live in. I hate it. But all I can do is live how *I* feel is right and provide a stable life for my son. I feel very lucky that I only had to date one man and we are now married and the transition was very easy for our kids and they benefit from it daily.
  • dinosnopro
    I did get a bit riled, but it is a subject that touches a nerve. I wasn't upset at you or op, just trying to give another take. I should have tried to express feelings a bit better.

No hard feelings. :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • I know it sounds dumb, but I found my boyfriend of 10 months on plentyoffish.com (plenty of fish)...yes you have to be wiry of perverts and loosers aka those just try to get laid, but I do think there are some great people on there...people who don't have time to go out...That's what I suggest. And it's free :)

I was going to suggest this as well.
    just be cautious & honest. Its pretty cool.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member

I am sorry that you had a difficult childhood... I actually am not interested in sex before marriage so "getting my rocks off" isn't what I am looking for... I am looking for a connection with another human being who didn't come out of my body... I am looking for someone to care about me and spend time with me (and my kids)... and possibly dinner conversation occasionally that doesn't revolve around bodily functions...

thanks guys for the advice... I don't know how to write an ad for the personals... what does one include? I have signed up for plentyoffish (actually a long time ago... ) but I think my info or whatever you call it may be lacking... I don't know what I am supposed to say