How often do you have "treats"/ what is your fave?

Options
I have a "treat day" once or twice a week (otherwise I go insane and binge lol). Usually Monday &/or Friday.

My faves:
-Vegan chocolate pancakes with 1 tbsp nut butter on top
-Lara bars
-Nugo Mint bars
-Any kind of dark chocolate
-Justin's Hazelnut butter

what about you?

Replies

• madmish00
    Options
    I have treats nearly every day. I find if I store up a 'treat day' then I will completely binge on that day whereas if I allow myself a small pleasure each day (within my calories) I crave much less. I do try to make my treats of the healthier variety i.e dark chocolate rather than a Cadbury's caramel.

My mini-treats include:
    Couple of squares of dark chocolate
    Pot of Shape yoghurt in caramel, chocolate or white chocolate (much more added sugar than I would normally have)
    9Bar Flax Seed Bars - Very yum and relatively good for you (lots of healthy fats) but feels like eating a flapjack
    Homemade Peanut Butter protein bars
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I usually have dessert after dinner at my parents house on a Sunday. During TOM I have some chocolate (milk not dark as dark gives me migraines).
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie *dribbles* and as often as i can get away with. :smile:

17427511.png
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I have a "treat day" once or twice a week (otherwise I go insane and binge lol).

Actually, this is quite sensible. I don't advocate cutting out but rather cutting down because cutting out tends to result in people giving up as the cravings get too strong if they don't have a back up plan to deal with said cravings.

I used to be a crisp monster but haven't had a packet of crisps in months!

As to the question, I don't have any "treats" these days. If I eat something that's considered a treat, it's really just to hit my daily calorie target when I can't be bothered to eat something healthy. So in a way, I'm not missing out as I get sugary crap anyway. :laugh:
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a "treat day" once or twice a week (otherwise I go insane and binge lol). Usually Monday &/or Friday.

^ I do the same. There's usually baking, candy or soda somewhere in our house so once or twice a week I allow myself to have some and not feel 'guilty' about it. It's usually chocolate cupcakes, Coke zero or licorice allsorts :] I actually just found a recipe for a licorice allsort slice and I'm definitely going to make that one day!
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i eat dark chocolate almost every day. just a small piece. if it fits into my calories and doesn't trigger other cravings, why not? for that same reason i avoid eating treats like cookies, crackers or chips because i know they'll just awaken the sleeping carb monster.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Quality ice cream daily ... not much, just enough to appreciate it :)
  • josachi
    Options
    My new favorite: Dark Cocoa-Roasted Almonds (Emerald) in 100-calorie packs. Just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and the chocoholic in me and not enough to make me feel even remotely guilty!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I have my freddo bar every night wirh a cup of tea in bed!:laugh:
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My treats are pretty boring. Shredded wheat and almond milk (no sugar). Cheese on toast (no spread) is another. I feel good when I eat either of these and could eat them everyday. The regular treat foods that people like make me feel ill. I don't feel deprived though! :)
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Quality ice cream daily ... not much, just enough to appreciate it :)

totally this
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a treat every day.
    I bake a lot of muffins. I keep them in my freezer to try and avoid binging.
  • cadburys curly wurlys :) i put them in the firdge so they take forever to eat yumyum :) i have a bar every couple of days! :)
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    cadburys curly wurlys :) i put them in the firdge so they take forever to eat yumyum :) i have a bar every couple of days! :)

Oh BLISS although... I'm sure they were longer when I was younger!

My treats are usually at the weekend after weigh-in!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a little treat most days:
    a few dark chocolate almonds
    1/4-1/2 cup ice cream/gelato (depending how it fits my numbers)
    chocolate oatmeal cookie
    a bit of chocolate, usually dark
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Icecream every Sunday.
  • queueplay
    Options
    Any day I manage to get to physical therapy, I reward myself by getting an onion bagel with scallion cream cheese from the very proper kosher place across the street. Proper flavor, proper texture, proper *quantity* of spread (like a sandwich, not like a tiny bit for bare moisture on the 'bread')... and completely out of the way in travel so there's no real temptation, and not something I'm able to make for myself.

This isn't a calorie treat for having exercised and thus I get to eat more, this is a sensory pleasure reward for having done something difficult. At most, it's twice a week, as I alternate going to pt twice one week, once the next... and rarely manage that every month. (Fibro/pain issues plus timing of aide availability)

I'm somewhat lucky, in that foods I grew up with as treats were things like steak vs ground meat, or out-of-season fruit, rather than sweets/empty calories.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually have a treat every day, most often it's chocolate.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My treats are pretty boring. Shredded wheat and almond milk (no sugar). Cheese on toast (no spread) is another. I feel good when I eat either of these and could eat them everyday. The regular treat foods that people like make me feel ill. I don't feel deprived though! :)

I wouldn't say boring, I would just say that it's normal food instead of a treat. Shredded wheat with almond milk is called breakfast. :laugh:
  • stufielding
    stufielding Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A nightout on the beer with my mates once every couple of weeks....