How many calories are your meals?

Options

Replies

• FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have around 300-400 for breakfast and lunch, 500 for dinner, 200-300 for pudding, and sometimes a small snack too. :)
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    brekkie around 300
    lunch 300
    dinner 500
    snacks 200
    ....ish
  • flyuk
    flyuk Posts: 28
    Options
    I tend to work out the previous day what I'm going to eat and just spread it throughout the day as convenient.

I tried the 6 meal a day protocol, the equal split over three, no carbs after x time, protein before and after workouts, and others and to be honest it made no difference to how I put on weight or lost weight. I also average over a week, not calorie count exactly for one day. Makes more sense that way as I can be obsessive, but not completely strict about calorie intake on one day.

The only principles I strictly believe in are at least 160g of protein per day and calorie deficit = weight loss and calorie surplus = weight gain. I also try to stick to the right macro split for fats and carbs, but my diet is varied enough to ot have to keep a check on that daily.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Because I am eating like 2600 calories a day, my main meals can be like 600 to 800 each.

My snacks range from 100 to 300 calories.
  • Delovelybella87
    Options
    Thanks for the detailed insight really made me think to reevaluate my calorie intake my problem is i tend to obsess over keeping my calories low as well as fat and carbs. Sadly there has been days where I eat only 400 calories a day and been trying to up it to at least 800 a day but it's hard cuz I don't eat gluten or sweets just lean organic meats, salmon, salads and veggies.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I try to average about 400-450 calories per meal give or take. This allows me to have a protein shake for recovery when I want it. I also am a big fan of hardboiled eggs as a quick snack to tie me over until the next meal.

I make sure my meals are filled with fresh vegetables to bulk up the meal where they are naturally light on calories... Like, today for example: I have 12oz of spiral-sliced threads of zucchini and summer squash. Its only 60 calories, 11g of CHO, 4g fiber, 4g protein and 1g of natural fat, but a WHOPPING 892g of potassium! I almost couldnt close the container!!!! I have a TB of butter in it with fresh garlic and herbs, and fresh steak tips on top. A hearty meal, very healthy and well balanced for my current needs.

BTW - my profile pic is exactly what I am talking about!!!! That is 12 oz!!! Alot huh?
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Breakfast around 150 (always a clementine and an apple)
    Dinner less than 500
    Lunch less than 500
    Sometimes a snack - depends how the days going - that will be less than 100
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I snack loads. Not the best role model I guess though cause I'm not losing either :(
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love what I eat at the moment, it keeps me full but not what you would call 'conventional' eating! I always have at least 400kcals for breakfast - normally a chicken, cucumber and tomato sandwich. This keeps me full for at least 5 hours. I then snack on fruit until dinner at 6 which will be up to 500kcals. This is weekday eating, I also walk close to 6 miles every day and lift heavy weights. I eat very differently at weekends, more indulgently yet I am still reducing my body fat. I dont think I could stick to eating only 1200 calories 7 days a week, I feel worn down and very hungry after 5 days of that!

I also only eat pasta, rice or potatoes maximum of once a week and keep to 2 slices of bread a day.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i average 1300-1500 calories a day. i try to keep my three main meals at about 300-350 and the rest is my in between meal snacks
  • lvanlare
    Options
    I use a 2,3,4,5 rule cause its easy to remember, although I don't stick with it religiously. It just helps me keep on track.
    200 snacks
    300 breaky
    400 lunch
    500 dinner
    for a total of 1400 with exercise
  • bowseramanda
    bowseramanda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do this exactly. 3 meals / 3 snack times. I also make sure that at each snack in between meals I log a drink. It is my reminder that if it's snack time it's also drink a water or herbal tea time. So far that has really worked for me.
  • bowseramanda
    bowseramanda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    renamed mine: breakfast, morn snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, eve snack.
    I could also see where I was failing and if there was a pattern. I also write a note in the bottom... like maybe I wasn't feeling well, etc
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My meals get progressively larger. I eat around 300-400 for breakfast, 400-500 for lunch, then 500-800 for dinner, though sometimes, I have eaten less for breakfast and lunch and had as many as 1000 for dinner.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    400-800 most of the time, but I eat at least 6 of them a day and probably eat 3x the average MFPer in a day.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    between 400 and 500 I strive for 3 meals a day and a few snacks during the day and evening time frame I attempt between 1600 and 2000 per day sometimes Im ove by 500 or so and sometimes im under by 300 or so. so I usually average 2200 a day or so.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1,250 or so.
    Dinner: 1,250 or so.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1,250 or so.
    Dinner: 1,250 or so.

I want to order what you eat ;) I bet you have a lot of bacon.

I usually average 400 calories 5 times a day.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    renamed mine: breakfast, morn snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, eve snack.
    I could also see where I was failing and if there was a pattern. I also write a note in the bottom... like maybe I wasn't feeling well, etc

I definitely second the note-thing. There are days that I am so dog-tired that Im falling asleep VERY early, or sick as a dog and the thought of eating anything would make me feel like I have to bow to the porcelin goddess...
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've started to increase my meals to closer to 300cal each which leaves me with 300 for snacks. I this this will work better as I'm fuller for longer after meals :)