coffee enema for eliminating toxins?

Options

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Try eating the GOMBS diet by Dr. Furman. It will naturally keep your liver clean of toxins for life. I've been eating the GOMBS diet plus protein for about 5 months. In the 10 months time I've been on myfitnesspal, I went from 198 to 119. I eat two large GOMBS salids a day with Chicken Breasts or Fish. I add yogart dressing. I don't starve myself and I am in the maintenance stage.

What the hells a gomb?

Here is the Gombs Diet:

Greens

Green leafy vegetables contain a variety of systems and nutrients which put a slippery, silicone-like coating inside your blood vessels, where they activate the Nrf2 mechanism which prevents plaque and speeds up the rate at which the fat will melt away from inside the blood vessel.

Onions

The Medical Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study which was conducted in Europe indicated that individual who regularly ate onions recorded a 60 to 70% decrease in every major cancer.

Mushrooms

A study that was recently published in the international Journal of Cancer indicated that women who consumed mushrooms regularly are 64% less prone to developing breast cancer; that is approximately 10 grams of mushrooms on a daily basis.

Berries and Beans

Berries and beans contain high levels of cancer preventive antioxidants and they promote healthy functioning of the brain.

Seeds

Raw nuts and seeds contain fats and phytochemicals which assist in the reduction of inflammation, assist in reducing cholesterol and assist in the absorption of additional essential micronutrients. As suggested by Dr. Fuhrman, eating nuts as an ingredient in your salad or making salad dressings out of them will be highly beneficial to your health.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6854159
    I was into that before it went mainstream.
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's been mentioned on here thus far, but I didn't read through all the posts to find if someone covered it.

Coffee enemas are best known to me as a part of the Gerson method. When combined with a fully Vegan and Organic diet, the caffeine in the coffee is absorbed through the colon (the most absorbent region of the body, surprisingly enough) and is immediately shipped to the liver, which puts the organ into hyper drive. Yes the liver is responsible for clearly much of the toxins in your body, but if you are going to do coffee enemas, there's little to no point without the combined diet.

Gerson attempted his method in experiment form in a Tuberculosis Hospital long ago. He assigned one full ward to the Gerson method and after a week or two there were no improvements in the patients and he thought this was impossible. Turns out one of the night nurses was sneaking the patients midnight snacks of pastries and bread goods. He reprimanded her, she vowed to follow the diet he assigned. 99% of the patients in that ward walked out of the hospital completely cured.

Thanks for posting that. I did one about 6 months ago after eating raw for about 2 weeks. you have to be extremely hydrated, you can't go into blindly.

OP, saldy, I've learned on this board if you want to talk about anything like this you will be shunned and made fun of. Most people don't have knowledge about this sort of thing, nor do they want to. There are groups on here about eating raw such as "fat, sick and nearly dead". I would suggest joining that group, as people there tend to know more about a vegan or raw diet and what goes along with it. Feel free to add me also, I'm on my 6th day of a juice feast and I feel amazing. :)
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Where has the recent fascination with your colon and the idea that you would lose weight and be healthier if you would just clean that sucker out.

The scientist in me is starting to think its moving towards some type of weird anal fixation / disorder....
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    I'm sure it's been mentioned on here thus far, but I didn't read through all the posts to find if someone covered it.

Coffee enemas are best known to me as a part of the Gerson method. When combined with a fully Vegan and Organic diet, the caffeine in the coffee is absorbed through the colon (the most absorbent region of the body, surprisingly enough) and is immediately shipped to the liver, which puts the organ into hyper drive. Yes the liver is responsible for clearly much of the toxins in your body, but if you are going to do coffee enemas, there's little to no point without the combined diet.

Gerson attempted his method in experiment form in a Tuberculosis Hospital long ago. He assigned one full ward to the Gerson method and after a week or two there were no improvements in the patients and he thought this was impossible. Turns out one of the night nurses was sneaking the patients midnight snacks of pastries and bread goods. He reprimanded her, she vowed to follow the diet he assigned. 99% of the patients in that ward walked out of the hospital completely cured.

Did they walk or ride out on thier magic unicorns? It has about as much likelyhood as being true....
  • LexRaven
    LexRaven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Coffee...? Enema...? :/
    My most favourite and least favourite things in the same sentence!

Why do you hate coffee?

Ha aha!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=606377&stc=1&d=1278126009
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :drinker: i hear there an awsome way to start your day:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    I've heard of it. It's a special kind of coffee, not like Folgers or Starbucks or anything (LOL!) it's supposed to open all of your ducts and flush things out. A friend of mine was told about it, you're supposed to have several "regular" colon cleansings and then the coffee one (to make sure your tubing is squeaky clean I guess) and the caffeine in the special coffee is absorbed through the large intestine into the bloodstream and opens the bile ducts and other ducts and helps flush them out. It's supposed to be good for you, I just don't like stuff up my back door... personal preference. :noway:
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just don't try it in Starbucks...
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just drink it? I find that drinking a cup of coffe in the morning pretty quickly flushes me out.

Yes. Exactly what I was thinking.

The jingle goes "the best part of waking up is Folgers in your CUP" - not in your butt. Ack.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry.... That's an exit only orifice. :)
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Use a couple shots of espresso! Good luck and and enjoy your afternnon!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I was going to say this was part of Gerson therapy but I see someone already mentioned that above. I know people who do this as part of their cancer treatment.

The palmitic acid found in coffee promotes the activity of glutathione S-transferase many times above the norm. This enzyme group is responsible for conjugation of free electrophile radicals which the gall bladder will then release. Caffeine enemas cause the bile ducts to dilate which helps get the toxins out. It is meant to be used in conjuction with the diet and there are some restrictions (if you have ulcerative colitis for example.)

It's not pure coffee. It's 3 tablespoons of organic ground coffee (boiled, strained, cooled to body temperature) to 32 oz distilled water.

Taking it orally doesn't do the same thing.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sorry.... That's an exit only orifice. :)

If you take it nice and slow it can be very pleasurable
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Recent news article about alcohol enemas being used by college students. Not a good idea as you can die from it. As with coffee, alcohol goes in the other end.
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pardon the pun, it's an unscientific load of crap.

I'll take my coffee at the other end of my digestive tract........

LOL...I'll continue to take my through the mouth as well. Prostate exam this year was enough stuff going up my butt for a lifetime!!

That that prostate thing is almost like the colonoscopy you're supposed to have at 50, but they knock you out for that so it's really no big deal.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    WAAHAHAH, my boyfriend and I were joking about this. I didn't think it was a real thing?!?!
  • m0pp3t
    m0pp3t Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't get the mug stuck.

lmao. thanks :D
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    my butt would start doing the Rumba with that much caffeine
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Don't get the mug stuck.