Day 2 post-op Tummy Tuck

Options
124»

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! The swelling has been getting me down, but I've been doing lots of reading this morning to reassure myself that there's other cases like mine & that it's going to take a few months. It took me 5 years to get here & a few more months won't hurt :)

I'm getting ready to go to my doctors appointment & truly hoping that my drains can be removed!!! They are giving me such pain, discomfort & I think that I'll feel more human once they are out. I will be posting when I get home for an update. I'm not getting my hopes out that today's the day, but it would be a great reward! I'm going back to work on Monday and I just really can't stand the thought of going to the office with these two drains & bulbs :(

Thank you all for encouraging me & making my days so much better!!!!!
    Hi sweetie, how did the Dr. appointment go?? Are you a "free" woman now???? I hope all went your way!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! The swelling has been getting me down, but I've been doing lots of reading this morning to reassure myself that there's other cases like mine & that it's going to take a few months. It took me 5 years to get here & a few more months won't hurt :)

I'm getting ready to go to my doctors appointment & truly hoping that my drains can be removed!!! They are giving me such pain, discomfort & I think that I'll feel more human once they are out. I will be posting when I get home for an update. I'm not getting my hopes out that today's the day, but it would be a great reward! I'm going back to work on Monday and I just really can't stand the thought of going to the office with these two drains & bulbs :(

I just read the blog! Sorry he did not take off the hardware but the doc knows best, Monday will be here very soon! As for the belly button area, I bet after ALL the swelling is down especially after wearing the compression garment you will get the stomach you are wanting! Don;t worry for tomorrow, just take one day at a time!!! Have a restfull weekend for it is back to the grind in a couple of days!!!
    Hi sweetie, how did the Dr. appointment go?? Are you a "free" woman now???? I hope all went your way!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

once the drains are out you will feel like a million dollars. Having them in sucked so bad for me. I had them for TT, male breast reduction, and even had them in my neck for a neck lift. The drains in my stomach had to be in for 14 days I think. Pills helped lol. Getting the drains out stings a little, but like I said.....it will feel like the best day of your life.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Drains are still in...sigh...but only until Monday morning! He said on Friday that if I really, really, really wanted them out that I could, but the longer I could leave them the better. We made a compromise to have them taken out Monday morning before I go to work. Fewf!! I did not want to go to the office on Monday with them hanging or trying to hide them!! I don't know how you did it Fieldsy! It will be 12 days for me on Monday and I'm just ready to have this big gaping hole start to heal with the rest of me! I have no doubts that I'll feel like a million bucks!

Other than that, the swelling is getting a bit better day by day. My energy is definitely much better & I'm itching to get out!! My appetite has also started to return, but the upside is that I can only eat in moderation. My results right now are so so. My doctor admitted to me that there was a chance that I would need a second surgery in 6 months if the swelling stayed in this big caved in formation, but he was confident that it would be fine & it's showing improvement each day. He said a second surgery would require a vertical incision, which I'm against. My boyfriend and I think that my results will be fine in a few months, or at least acceptable considering where I've come from.

Next weekend I'm treating myself to a little birthday shopping. I know I still am extremely swollen, but I think a couple new things would lift my spirits. Yah!!

I hope all is well with everyone!! Your support is making all these days at home so, so much better!! I'm always surprised by the amount of love, encouragement, and support that's been coming to me through MFP & my blog each day from strangers!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    my TT....I was cut hip to hip and I had a long vertical cut too. You just had the hip to hip cut?
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I just had the hip to hip. The doctor thought it would be fine & could do it without the vertical...well, I have some strange swelling he thinks that I could have I guess the flatest result with the vertical down the road. I'm feeling confident that I'll be happy without the vertical once my swelling goes down. I just need to have some more patience!

I was thinking that I would be god to go to have my drains out Monday & that's when I'm scheduled to have them out, but now I'm draining more...possibly because I'm getting more and more active...sigh....I guess I'll have to find out from the doctor on Monday morning what he thinks!!!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: read your blog this morning.
    you look good.
    congrads on getting the tubes removed. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

i enjoy keeping tabs on you. thank you for sharing all this stuff.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

your mfp friend, robin:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    your results are INCREDIBLE so far. my sister and another family member have had tummy tucks--and the recovery is a long one.

i know you warned us---but still i got woozy from looking at the pics (any residual thoughts of becoming a nurse GONE!). it is so generous of you to do this blog so people can really learn about the experience.

get your rest and you will continue to heal nicely.:flowerforyou:

and CONGRATULATIONS on all the hard work that got you to this point! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'll check out these posts and the blog when I get home. Thanks for sharing with us. I hope you have a full recovery real soon. I know you're going to look so great. :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    glad 2 hear u r feeling much better.
    sorry 2 hear u need another surgery.
    but you will be happier w/ the end result!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Artrschoolgirl - I checked your blog a couple of days ago - you look AMAZING!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!