30 Day Shred Starting Today

So I've been telling myself for the past 2 months that I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred again (I got about 1/2 through last November, but then I let life get in the way and wasn't as motivated to finish). I've been looking at the ultimate before and after pictures thread for a few weeks now, and today I decided I'm going to do this today, and stop telling myself "Oh, I'll start tomorrow..."
My plan is to Shred 3 - 4 (maybe even 5 depending on how things go) days and week and go to the gym for some extra cardio 2 - 3 days a week. I also bike to school on occasion when it's nice out, so hopefully that will help too :)
I don't have a way to take measurements, but I just took some before photos *cringe*
So anyone please feel free to join me to keep each other in check, motivate, or just offer support! :D
As soon as I hit post topic, I'm putting the laptop down and doing L1D1. Yay!

Here's the Before and After Picture thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/316343-everyone-s-before-after-pictures

Replies

• altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    So I just finished and I feel really good about it. I had to rest here and there, but that's expected until my endurance increases. The jump rope move really hurts my feet, I hope that goes away. I also want to note that I'm probably going to move on to Level 2 when I feel ready instead of after 10 days.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Hello!
    I am also starting today, I have gotten up to Day 6 previously but it's time to take things seriously.
    I have holidays coming up in just under a month and I would really like to see a noticeable difference before I go away to the beach. Since there isn't a gym in my town and I don't enjoy exercising outdoors I feel the 30 Day Shred is my best option.
    Good luck to you! :)
  • i started a week ago, but i have bad knees and had to rest after day 4. i am now only up to day 5 (after 2 days off) and have already lost 2cm from my bust, 2cm from my bum, 1cm from my thighs, 1cm from my arm, 4cm from my hips and 1.5cm from my waist!!!

all i have been doing is trying to stick to the 1200 calories per day and trying to add in some form of exercise per day whether thats a 20 minute walk, or a mountain climb on the weekends.
    i'm pretty happy so i can't wait until after i have finished the 30 day shred to see what my body is like.

i go away in 2 and a bit months so need to lose as much as i can! ....talk about leaving things till the last minute hahaha!

i have taken before photos too but won't post those until the 30 days is finished :)
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    I planned on starting to Shred today! I would love to join you on your mission to get recommitted to the 30DS! I have tried it a few times but only got to day 8 each time. I hope to actually finish the Shred as it is intended. Please feel free to add me!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Started today tooooo.

Lost my exercising mojo over Winter and my fitness and strength and need to take baby steps again. Shred was my gateway into fitness this time last year so here I am, hoping to get back on and stay on the exercise wagon this time.
  • altarimage
    I'm glad there's a couple of us doing this around the same time! :smile:
    I finished L1D1 and it wasn't as bad as I was making it out to be in my head. It felt so good afterwards to know that I'm starting again. Today I biked to school (30 min. round trip) and did a mile on the treadmill at a brisk pace.
    Tomorrow I have classes in the morning, so I plan on shredding as soon as I get home :smile:
    I really need the support on MFP, since my boyfriend says he'll support me and do it with me (and he does for the most part, but on days that I really don't want to work out, he doesn't kick my *kitten* about it like I want him too) but he hasn't so far. Plus I just moved to a new town to start on my second degree so I don't know anyone, let alone have a workout buddy/support system.
  • altarimage
    I also just wrote my first blog post! I used to be an avid personal blogger for many years, but just stopped one day and never really started back. I'm hoping to start blogging regularly again as well, so feel free to comment and read :)
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    I'm starting level 3 tomorrow! :) I love the 30DS, anyone doing it and wanting support, feel free to add me.
  • altarimage
    I'm starting level 3 tomorrow! :) I love the 30DS, anyone doing it and wanting support, feel free to add me.

Have you taken any measurements or before/during pictures? Have you noticed a difference?
    I only did a week and a half the first time I tried it, and I didn't measure or take pictures, so I didn't notice any changes (even though there probably were).
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Just keep going and it gets easier I promise!! I finished it about 30 days ago and pop it in to do a level 3 workout every few days as well as I have been doing Jillians Last Chance Workout, and Ripped in 30 I am starting in 2 weeks! I Love Jillian she gets results even through her DVDs its amazing.
    Good luck!! You can do it!!! Feel free to add me :)
    And for the measurements you can use a peice of string, ribbon, something like that- and wrap it around your bicep, leg, waist and so on, then measure the string and do that later when you are finished..or whenever you want progress measurements.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    I haven't taken any actual measurements but I have noticed a huuuge improvement in my endurance and strength. The first time I ever attempted level 1 of 30DS I was dying in the warm-up from jumping jacks (lol) and now I find the cardio is the easiest part. I've also noticed a lot more definition where I didn't have any before, and pants that used to be tight are now loose. I did take a before picture and while my weight has only gone down a little bit, I can definitely see changes in my shape.
  • altarimage
    Just keep going and it gets easier I promise!! I finished it about 30 days ago and pop it in to do a level 3 workout every few days as well as I have been doing Jillians Last Chance Workout, and Ripped in 30 I am starting in 2 weeks! I Love Jillian she gets results even through her DVDs its amazing.
    Good luck!! You can do it!!! Feel free to add me :)
    And for the measurements you can use a peice of string, ribbon, something like that- and wrap it around your bicep, leg, waist and so on, then measure the string and do that later when you are finished..or whenever you want progress measurements.

Suprisingly, I never thought to use string and then measure it... I'm gonna do that now :)
  • wildcattennis07
    wildcattennis07 Posts: 14 Member
    Good for you! I had started and stopped the shred I think at least 2 or 3 times before finally mustering up the determination to FINISH THE DARN THING. I just finished Day 7 of level 1 today, and I can tell you it gets addicting working out everyday. What works best for me is doing it at or around the same time everyday so that you establish a routine. I am getting into a routine and I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see results :) I know looking at before pictures is rough so I have been looking at pictures of what I want to look like to keep me motivated :) Keep going! It gets better!!!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    I have been waiting for a boost to give it a start. I will start tomorrow. Feel free to add me if you want to do this together, anyone! :happy:
  • altarimage
    Of course we don't have any string, and the floss I use is expensive so I don't wanna waste that. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow,,, :grumble:
  • altarimage
    Should we start a group, or just update and motivate each other on this thread?
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    I have no idea how to start a group, but if you do, add me!

How much weigh do you use for the shred? I need to purchase hand weights possibly...but I hate shopping...Grr...

Maybe I'll just use soup cans!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Even if you don't see a marked difference in your shape, you will be fitter and stronger at the end of it and both those things are going to assist with your long term goals.
  • altarimage
    I have no idea how to start a group, but if you do, add me!

How much weigh do you use for the shred? I need to purchase hand weights possibly...but I hate shopping...Grr...

Maybe I'll just use soup cans!

I'm not actually using weight this time around. :embarassed: But last time I used 3 lb. weights, which I got at Walmart for less then $5 a piece.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Hey hey! I started today too!