How often do you do Jillian's 30 Day Shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    whenever i feel like it. i've never done it for 30 days straight. i do it for a few week or two, then i get bored and find something else. some times i'll do it more than once a day, like today, i've done levels 1 and 2.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily so I do different workouts every day. I have 30DS, Jillians kickboxing, Turbo Jam, Billy banks Taebo, the gym (cardio and weight lifting), riding my bike, walking, etc. This means that different muscles get sore and recover each day. Good luck!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to take a break. I havent made it past day 10. I ALWAYS give up :ohwell:

I need to start it up again! When do you plan to start doing it??
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I did 8 workouts for each level - mostly spaced out as 4 days of workout, 1 rest day, and repeat.

This worked best for me because my muscles need a rest! I always felt stronger for the rest and did a much better workout after it.

Jillian herself suggests only doing her workouts 5-6 days/week, so she's suggesting some rest days too.
  • Shutterbugfever
    Shutterbugfever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    when listing this workout under my exercise for the day? How do I list it as Jillian's 30 day shred? I can't find a listing for it and I haven't a clue what to put it under? And how many calories do you burn????? Is it listed under something else?
    Thank you!!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I put it under circuit training. I feel like this is an accurate estimate because of how much I burn on a cardio machine at the gym with a similar heart rate or rate of exertion. An HRM would give you a better estimate of course.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I just did day 7 today, Me and my daughters are challenging each other to do it. We are doing it Level 1 for 10 days in a row level 2 10 days in a row, Level 3 10 days in a row. It does get easier, but it is a tough workout. I hope we see results but it really does motivate me to do it knowing my daughters are doing it too
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I used to take a break. I havent made it past day 10. I ALWAYS give up :ohwell:

I need to start it up again! When do you plan to start doing it??

I technically started last night but it honestly wasn't much of a start... I'm going to probably do as much of it as I can as often as I can until I'm strong enough to follow an actual routine. Right now my upper body strength is really bad so things like push-ups are not even remotely possible until I put on some muscle and/or burn some fat...
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I put it under circuit training. I feel like this is an accurate estimate because of how much I burn on a cardio machine at the gym with a similar heart rate or rate of exertion. An HRM would give you a better estimate of course.

I logged it as aerobics (general) yesterday because I wasn't sure... do you think circuit is more accurate?
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I logged it as aerobics (general) yesterday because I wasn't sure... do you think circuit is more accurate?

I listed mine under circuit training as well; technically that's the name of the torture of which Ms. Michaels is subjecting us ;) Because I can't be sure if it's accurate I won't be "eating back" all, if any, of those particular calories.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago and I have been donig it every day (took one day off). I find that I have to force myself but then I do it and feel amazing. I've already lost some inches!!!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 almost consecutively, took 1 day off between Day 5 & 6 then 2 days off between Day 9 & 10.

I became bored with the program towards the end, had to push myself to finish those last 2 days.

Level 2 blew my mind though, but after Day 2, I am stronger and the moves seem easier. My abs are looking KILLER as well as my thighs, the jiggle continues to decrease and crazy muscle bulk is showing through my pants.

It will kick your butt but is truly worth it!