My Stripes - The Dreaded Stretch Marks

Options
Let me say first that I've always had a few on my inner thighs - I just kind of accepted this as an unavoidable part of my life. But over the course of the past two years, I've lost 40 pounds and acquired a few more stretch marks. More importantly, these new ones are in more noticeable areas.

I'm not expecting any miracle cures but I was wondering if any of you had tried any stretch mark solutions and what your results were -- good or bad.

Replies

• lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Its basically scar tissue, not much you can do :(
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    As mother of two, Learn to rock em sister
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about Palmers Stretch mark lotion. I used it while pregnant, but came to realize that I was allergic to it and it caused me to itch really bad on my stretch marks. Other than that, I heard of anything else that might help, so I'm interested to know this as well!!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try Raw, Hard-pressed Organic Coconut Oil. It's incredibly good for you skin, and does not leave that oily residue that many lotions do. I used Cocoa Butter while I was pregnant, and that helped some. Also, I've read that rubbing cut lemons on your skin helps with stretch marks, but I can't testify to it's efficacy. Good luck!
  • Mandrykova
    Mandrykova Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Try using organic rosehip oil with antioxidants. I've been using it on my face and body for years and it has done wonders. I have very few stretch marks, and they are now hardly noticeable and my skin on my face has improve a lot, I mean no wrinkles and my face stays moisturized. Just make sure you try the oil, not creams that contain rosehip, its not the same effect on your body. Hope this helps.
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've had success with bio oil. I used it in the past and my stretch marks went from purple to white, now I've had a baby 8 months ago and gotten new stretch marks and they have started lightening up since using bio oil again.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No products have helped my stretch marks...and I did spend quite a bit of money on stuff. :sad:

I have noticed that since I've started working out more, the stretch marks don't seem so severe as my tummy tightens up more and more. I have learned to accept my stretch marks for what they are and HOW they got there. :drinker:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    As mother of two, Learn to rock em sister
    ditto :)
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've heard good reviews on BioOil but haven't tried the product myself. As someone else also mentioned, I really recommend organic hard-pressed coconut oil, all natural and it's great for your skin! :)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your suggestions! Can't wait to try these out!

And @drmerc and @Amber, thank you, as well. Pardon my vanity, but I'm a 20 year old who has never been pregnant... I at least want to try to minimize their appearance, even if I can't get rid of them :)