My ice cream maker arrived today! Healthy ice cream thread!

Options
13»

Replies

• hbaby08
    Options
    bump
  • shan1204
    Options
    I normally add yoghurt to mine and do frozen yoghurt. Lovely low cal dessert.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I am so bumping!!! We have an ice cream ball. I have been wanting to try it out!!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i second the greek yoghurt thing. chocolatecoveredkatie.com has some recipes.

You are my new hero. That is the best website for desserts ever! Thanks so much for posting it!
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have an ice cream maker but it is thrown in the back of the cupboard everytime I try to make a healthy one with greek yogout it goes really hard and uneatable without breaking teeth. If someone could tell me what I have to do to get it smooth creamy I would be eternally grateful.
  • thinjustfabulous
    thinjustfabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i found that my in laws has one, Magimix La Sorbetiere, looks old, and doen't have manual in it,
    I check online and coudn't find any either >.<

anyone,.. helpppp?
  • Aventuria
    Options
    Why do I NOT have an ice cream machine? :noway:
  • sissie2955
    Options
    I hope people post more recipes they tried an are good. I have a machine and have NEVER used it because I don;t have any healthy recipes. I am gonna try these 2 listed though :) Thanks
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get mine out of the closet and try some of these recipes. They sound heavenly.
  • CrystalLace
    CrystalLace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pineapple sorbet

One whole pineapple, cored, skinned, and lightly pureed.
    About 2 Tb lemon juice
    Agave nectar to taste
    Mix together, then throw in the ice cream maker for about 25 mins.

Makes about 5 cups, super yummy!
    Could also add about a cup of coconut milk if you'd like a creamier mixture.
  • legaline
    legaline Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bumping this, because I've thought about buying one!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum! The instruction book might have some recipes (and you should be able to make frozen yogurt with that, too).
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make lime granitas in mine. My recipe is at home, but it's quite similar to this one:

http://dessert.food.com/recipe/lime-granita-28439

You can sub in artificial sweetener of your choice for the sugar. I personally like my lemonade/limeade tart anyway, so I just cut down the sugar to taste.

Pour the stuff in and turn the ice cream maker on. You end up with an ICEE or Lemon Chill type texture. Then I put it in small cups (I use 6oz plastic yogurt cups) and store it in the freezer. even after it freezes hard it easily scrapes up with a spoon.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin (20 cals)

What brand is this? Libby's - Canned Pumpkin, 1/4 cup is 20 cals alone. So 1/2 would be 40 cals...
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    what kind of ice cream maker did you purchase?
  • SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious - thanks for sharing!!!!