Need Some Advice

Options
2»

Replies

• SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    might be the unpopular answer.. but if i had my way.. i wouldn't get any. i would enjoy the extra time you will have. :)
    AAAAAMMMMMMEEEEENNNNN!

If I didn't have a TV, I'd wear out my SO's vagina in a week. So let the man go buy one...for his lover's sake. The question wasn't, should I buy a TV? It was, what kind of TV. C'mon people, suck it up and drive on.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy the people who come in here just to say they don't watch TV so they can't help.

I know right? Still I couldn't help it. And not getting the next one is still an option.

i think it's be different if he said "my TV died, should i get a replacement?"

to me it's the equivalent of someone saying "should i get turkey or steak?" and have people come in and tell them not to eat meat, or to get salmon, or whatever.

it's an option, but not one the OP brought up as a consideration.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy the people who come in here just to say they don't watch TV so they can't help.

I know right? Still I couldn't help it. And not getting the next one is still an option.

i think it's be different if he said "my TV died, should i get a replacement?"

to me it's the equivalent of someone saying "should i get turkey or steak?" and have people come in and tell them not to eat meat, or to get salmon, or whatever.

it's an option, but not one the OP brought up as a consideration.

I know.... I feel like I must be as annoying as the folks that come into a thread about "how to carry when running" just to say guns are bad. And now I've gone completely off topic. Mmmkay, I'll shut up now.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've got a 42" Samsung LED SmartTV that I managed to get at an excellent price. If you can find something like that on sale, I'd recommend it, the picture quality is fantastic. I love the Smart feature a lot more than I thought I would - I ended up cancelling cable and just subscribing to Internet-based programs like Netflix or plugging my computer in with an HDMI cable to watch specific shows.

I agree. We've had this TV for about a year and 1/2 and love it. The only ones that I think have a better picture are the LCD-LED.
  • scooterhaz
    scooterhaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bigger IS better.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Samsung Plasma all the way...

Televisions are a helpful tool even in weight loss all you haters. You have a sound system to listen to music whilst working out and you can put something on to watch so you don't notice the time pass. It's much better than just working out in silence.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    With all your gadgets, you might be more picky than me (for example, I don't notice (or care about) the difference between CDs and mp3 sound quality, HD is nice but I don't look at non-HD and grimace in pain because it's fuzzy) ... but I bought a Visio LCD (walmart special -- super cheap) some 6 years ago, and it's still running strong, through 3 moves as well (and the movers are NOT gentle). I think it's in the 38-42" range -- I just got the biggest one I could possibly pick up by myself.

ETA -- my grandparents have had their Visio TV for well over a decade.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Samsung LCD. The volume isn't very loud with these newer models, so I bought a sound bar, too which is a lot easier than a surround sound system. They even make them wireless now. I would check out Costco or see what deals they have at Best Buy.
  • bowins
    Options
    I second the LG. I have a 42" LCD model that's 1080P. Works great with 360, etc. Refresh rate is really the key. try for 120hz and up. it makes a definite difference.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you're going to get one, I would say splurge for one of those Color TV models.
  • melb2003
    Options
    I love my Samsung flat screen!! It is a 46'', 1080P. It literally looks like you are watching a real life play, it looks so real. It's actually the 2nd one that I have bought. Also, I bought ALL my tv's through Target and I ALWAYS get the extended warranty. My first TV crashed after a year or so, Target sent me a gift card in the mail for the purchase price of the TV, then I used that to buy the 2nd one.

Edit: I would also recommend to look out for the HDMI hookups, and the USB input as well. I also made sure that the TV was HD ready for my DirecTV box, and I also did double check that the TV was Energy star approved. I mean I know you're a guy and all, but those are the things that my husband and I always look for in a TV and sometimes you don't think of the little things until you go to hook things up at home.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Another vote for LG 1080 HD LCD. The only way to figure out what one you want is to go to the electronics store and look at them side by side. Some people like the matte screen, some like the glossy. Keep in mind where you will be putting the TV.... plasmas get very warm and may "toast" the paint on the wall if it is too close.