Over 300 pounds - 34 Pounds Gone - I can finally tell!

Options

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    great job on seeing results from working hard toward your goal! I am glad your feet feel better. That is a NSV
    That's one of my favorite NSVs so far. Last fall/winter, it was so bad I couldn't stand for longer than ten minutes, and I couldn't walk very far. It felt like I had knives in my arches and a C-clamp pressing the top of my left foot. That really scared me. I didn't want to end up in a scooter. Talk about a wake-up call. In addition to the health concern, I missed out on a lot of things. If there was no way for me to sit down every 10 minutes, I didn't want to go.

It's much better now. :) I can stand for long-ish periods of time, and walking isn't an issue anymore. I went to the mall with a friend a couple weeks ago, and we spent about four or five hours walking around and standing in stores with no breaks. My feet were a little bit achy, but no more than anyone else standing on their feet for a few hours. After we ate lunch, we walked some more.

One of my biggest reasons for keeping a blog is to remind myself, months/years from now, about what I went through and how very, very important it is to never, ever get that big again. Ever.

incredible!!! hello standing 10 minutes.. or walking around 4hrs!!!?!?!? thats day and night... awesome awesome.. yes you are literally saving YOUR own life now!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    what a difference, you look great and I love your determination. I started at 297 (and am 5ft 2") so I can relate to the feeling of relief of addressing the health issues and really appreciating the ability to walk about with there being no side effect apart from sore feet, I love that walking is my first choice if possible rather than it not even crossing my mind when I would previously have looked for car keys, bus routes or taxi.

pleased for you and your progress so far you are doing great :) , thanks for sharing.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Brilliant well done! ... fantastic feeling when you can start to see changes with your OWN eyes! .. Keep up your great work! :drinker:
  • DannyB4
    DannyB4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    At over 400 pounds, I generally do not feel that big (except when I look in the mirror, try to be physical or see it in other people's eyes): so, seeing a difference in weight is a hard thing to see for myself.

It is always good to hear that you are looking better from others. However, to see it yourself...that is fantastic. I wish you continued success and hope that you continue to see your success with your own eyes.
  • devenssort12
    devenssort12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward!!!!
  • Sparrow420
    Options
    Excellent job! It takes some amazing work to lose thirty four pounds (: Before I joined MFP, I lost 50lbs, and that took forever, so I know how hard you're working.
    Keep going, hun! (:
  • torzorxx
    torzorxx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Awesome work!!!!!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! You can really see a difference. Keep up the great work!!!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!! def a difference.. you look a lot healthier and happier too.. much better lady! keep it up.. soon you will be in the 200's and never see those 300's again!!!

Oh my lord... I know! :) I'm trying SO hard to get to 299 by Thanksgiving. I cannot wait to get out of the 300s. It will be a huge relief to see that "2" on the scale. I think I can do it. I did the calculation and figured out I need to lose 2.15 pounds per week.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The success stories always inspire me. On the days, I feel like giving up or cheating I quickly log on and read through the courage others have shown to accomplish their goals. Weigh loss in not an easy challenge so whenever I see the average everyday people like myself working hard to get healthy (no plastic surgery, no fad diets, no gimmicks) I am encouraged to be a member of this " I GOT THE POWER IN ME" group. You have done well... and are showing courage and strength. Continue to love yourself and live your best life ever. Awesome job.
  • CountryCandy
    Options
    Wow! What a great Job you are doing! Aalthough You may not have noticed a change, from your pic there is a huge change. Keeepe up the great work and continue to take pics so you can see your incredible journey along the way!! Koodos my friend
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!! def a difference.. you look a lot healthier and happier too.. much better lady! keep it up.. soon you will be in the 200's and never see those 300's again!!!

Oh my lord... I know! :) I'm trying SO hard to get to 299 by Thanksgiving. I cannot wait to get out of the 300s. It will be a huge relief to see that "2" on the scale. I think I can do it. I did the calculation and figured out I need to lose 2.15 pounds per week.

A few weeks ago I crossed over at 299.8, yes I realize a cracker would have put me back over but you know what, I was there! I was at 358 as my highest ever, 338 18 months ago and just worked on working on getting that number smaller. Today I'm closer to 290, and like you said never going back!

Add me if you'd like-goes for anyone! We can do this, we've all fought the same battles to get ourselves there and we can get back.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options

I wear that pendant every day, so when I look through Facebook photos and such, it's funny to see it progress from right up by my neck last fall to hanging below the hollow of my neck in shots taken this summer.

^^^ This! First, your weight loss is wonderfully obvious and we are always the last to see the changes in ourselves. Wonderful work you've done so far! Even your nose is smaller! :drinker: The pendant will just keep moving down and down and down.

I mention ^^^ This! because it has inspired me to check out some jewelry, especially bracelets, that I've not been able to wear for years. You are an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options

I wear that pendant every day, so when I look through Facebook photos and such, it's funny to see it progress from right up by my neck last fall to hanging below the hollow of my neck in shots taken this summer.

^^^ This! First, your weight loss is wonderfully obvious and we are always the last to see the changes in ourselves. Wonderful work you've done so far! Even your nose is smaller! :drinker: The pendant will just keep moving down and down and down.

I mention ^^^ This! because it has inspired me to check out some jewelry, especially bracelets, that I've not been able to wear for years. You are an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
    I WISH my nose would keep getting smaller! :) Unfortunately, it probably won't. I've had a prominent nose my whole life, even when I was 165 pounds. I can change my weight but not my DNA. ;)

I have a watch I haven't been able to wear for a long time. I keep trying it on, but my wrist measurement hasn't changed at all. My pendant is on an 18" chain, and my neck is 15" now. I believe my neck was 13.5" at my lowest weight, so not too far to go. It's weird to think my neck was 17" or so last fall. I remember being really surprised (and appalled) when I could barely get that necklace on.

Good luck with your jewelry! Sometimes it's the little things that keep us going. I remember how happy I was when I could finally wear my old shoes and boots again.
  • Holy moly, you can tell a huge difference!!! Keep it up!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's great when you can actually see it. I remember people asking me if I lost weight and I kept thnking they can't see it because I don't. But like you when I saw a picture of myself I was amazed. It gives you motivation to keep moving in the right direction. Great work!
  • TNE6473
    Options
    Congrats!! That is wonderful!
  • RitaC21
    RitaC21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I have to lose 100 pounds myself and you have given me the inspiration to continue...you're doing great...keep it up and your confidence and smile will grow each and every day...keep on letting us know how you're doing...we care because we're in the same boat as you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!