Am I the only one...

Options
...who is actually to the point of afraid of the scale?

My weight has shifted maybe 3 pounds in the last 4 months. It's not that I'm really trying to lose weight, but I'm so afraid that where I am right now isn't what my body will rest at comfortably so I avoid weighing in. I do maybe once a month or month and a half, but if I can avoid the scale, I do. I see a lot of people on here who weigh themselves every day, but I can't see myself doing that. Ever. Am I the only one?

Replies

• rosekittie
    rosekittie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your not the only one. I'm so afraid of the scale that I will only use 1 particular scale to determine my weight as I feel like when I use others my weight shifts upwards. So when I don't go to that gym that week I don't weigh in. My scale at home is broken that I was using so I thought I was almost 10lbs less than what I was...so that became very disheartening a month or so ago. I think mentally its best for a week's progress because your weight fluxuates so much.
  • aylabradshaw
    aylabradshaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree. Try weighing in once a week or even once every two weeks. Don't get discouraged if you don't see major results. Just do your best to adjust your food portions and exercise. You can do this! Just take one day at a time :)
  • Randomcheese
    Randomcheese Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    During the time I was actively trying to lose weight, I only weighed myself once a week. I picked a time and day and made a small ritual out of it but only stepped on the scale once a week. I'm in maintenance mode right now and I'm checking the scale every day. I find that my weight varies by about six pounds over the course of a week. (High 202, low 196) even though I'm weighing myself at basically the same time every day.
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    OMG I truly hate the scale. It's hard to be motivated again when youv've worked so hard and the scale says otherwise but hey thats an obstacle I will just have to overcome! It can be a good guide but you can't rely on it too much!
  • baasland
    baasland Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OMG I truly hate the scale. It's hard to be motivated again when youv've worked so hard and the scale says otherwise but hey thats an obstacle I will just have to overcome! It can be a good guide but you can't rely on it too much!

The scale should be your biggest motivation. If you are putting in the right work and effort and she scale keeps keeping up short then that should only motivate you to push even harder and realize what the work really takes to reach your goals. Good luck and keep on pushing through!!