Can someone please suggest exercises for toning?

Options
2»

Replies

• Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Chin ups, Dips, Bench Press, Lunges and some seated rows should get you a pretty good start.

Thanks for this, not sure about the chin ups as I have severe back problems and currently waiting on surgery but I will give them a try
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips, will take them on board and try some of them this week!
  • LaloFitness
    Options
    Every single one of you forgot to mention calorie deficit to lose the fat covering muscles!!! ;)

There is a lot of good advice in this thread that answers the question directly, but Determined's post hits the nail on the head. Don't forget to take a close look at your nutritional habits; macro-nutrient ratio, timing, and hydration.

- Eat the right amount of calories (not too many, or too few -- this can also be a problem).
    - Eat the right combination of carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
    - Eat them at the right times throughout the day.
    - Drink the right amount of water.

I realize I didn't say what "right" is regarding any of the above and there is certainly more to nutrition than the above, but these are the fundamentals. There is a ton of information out there (and unfortunately misinformation) on what "right" is. Master these basics as it pertains to your body.

You're already ahead of the game by tracking what you eat in MyFitnessPal, now make and keep making adjustments as needed, and it will speed your progress exponentially when you incorporate resistance training with proper form into your cardio-heavy regimen.

Good luck!
    Lalo
  • crissy63
    Options
    After a 10 minute warm up, I do lighter weights (approx. 65% of what I can actually lift) and more reps, like 2 sets of 25 with very little rest in between. Then sometimes I increase it by 5lbs and do another 12 reps. I probably do about 8 to 9 diferent machines or free weights. I've been doing this 2 to 3 times a week, now I'm moving towards 3 to 4 days a week and doing 2 days of lower body and 2 days of upper body with a day of rest in between each work out, but always do lower back and abs 3 sets of 16, just not the same lower back and abs exercises everytime. This method seems to work for me as it keeps my heart heart up so I get the benefit of cardio with strength training. Then at the end of my workout I do 20 minutes of straight cardio on an elliptacle.
    When I reach 4 days a week for 3 months thats when I will revise my work out to something else.
    The best thing you can do is get some advise from someone who is knows what they are talking about.
  • doxielvr
    Options
    Chalene Johnson is the BEST!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options
    Thanks everyone